Air conditioner

HIMILEAGE
  • 1999 FORD F-150
Just turned the air on for the summer. Compressor seems to be cycling on and off on its own. Air flow is warm?
Thursday, May 11th, 2017 AT 3:33 PM

KEN

This is typical for the system to be a little low over the winter, here is a guide to help you get the problem fixed for cheap.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 AT 12:04 PM
HIMILEAGE
So I finally picked up some Freon and a gauge. The parts store clerk said to attach the hose/gauge to the system before puncturing the bottle in case I needed to return.
I did and started the truck and turned on the air. The gauge read charged. Once I started the motor and turned on the air the gauge dropped to the recharge position when the compressor kicked on and jumped to the charged position when the compressor stopped. Do I go ahead and attempt to insert Freon?
Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 AT 2:03 PM
HIMILEAGE
Update! Ok I just took a chance and it took the entire can of Freon and it is working now! Yahoo! Now, the gauge reads from 30-50 in the green charged area. Currently it sits at a constant 30. Should I get some more Freon and bring the setting up to at least the 40+ range?
Tuesday, June 20th, 2017 AT 2:51 PM
KEN

I would let it be if the system is cold, you don't want to over charge it.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
+1
Wednesday, June 21st, 2017 AT 11:15 AM