2004 ACURA MDX WIPER SYSTEM PROBLEM

• Dearsmiths
  • 2004 ACURA MDX

2004 Acura MDX

My rear wiper, both windshield wiper pumps, and the front windshield wiper intermittent function do not work. Its seems odd that all these would go out at the same time. Has anyone ever had the same problem or know what I should to try and solve it?

I checked the fuses, they seemed OK but I've heard that some may have been mislabled so if correct, who knows what fuse to look at.

Anyway, would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, JW

Monday, March 16th, 2009 AT 12:55 PM

• ImpalaSS

Hello -

To better assist you can you tell me if your model is just the MDX or the4 Touring? Also you engine size in liter.

Do you have automatic wipers or does your model not have automatic wipers

Monday, March 16th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM
  • Dearsmiths

It's the 3.5 Liter, V6, Touring. Yes it has rain sensing automatic wipers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 7:25 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

Thanks for getting back with me.

Well, the diagrams are not too. User friendly. So you may have to tell me what you see.

Do you have a digital volt meter or something good to check ohms and voltage with?

Do you have letters or numbers on the fuse area?

Is there a chart inside the fuse box lid that shows what the fuses and relays are?

When checking fuses use an ohm meter.I use one that gives a tone when there is connection.

For now, please check in the under hood fuse box, fuses 41 and 42

Please check the fuses on the driver's side under the dash.9, 12, 11

There is an Auxiliary fuse box holder that has fuse 91 in it.I don't show where that is. That is an important one that we need to track down.

Let me know what you find out.

Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 6:44 PM
  • Dearsmiths

I am just back from being out of town so I will check these out and report back.

Thanks again.

Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 7:11 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

Glad to hear back from you. Hope you had a good time out of town. Will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 2:57 PM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

By the way, it looks like you may have a recall on your vehicle. The dealer may fix this for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on this to see if it applies to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recall_10.jpg

Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 AT 9:40 PM
  • Dearsmiths

Thanks, appears that recall will not apply to me:

FEB 05, 2008

Model Affected:
2008 ACURA MDX

Summary:
HONDA IS RECALLING 2,032 HITCH STYLE BIKE RACKS SOLD AS AFTERMARKET FOR USE ON MY 2003-2007 AND SOME MY 2008 HONDA PILOT, RIDGELINE, AND ACURA MDX VEHICLES. A PINCH BOLT EXISTS BETWEEN THE BIKE ARM BRACKET AND THE UPRIGHT ASSEMBLY OF THE "HITCH" STYLE BICYCLE RACK.

Consequence:
WHEN MOVING THE BIKE ARM BRACKET TO ITS DOWN POSITION, THIS PINCH BOLT HAS THE POTENTIAL OF CAUSING SEVERE LACERATION OR AMPUTATION TO THE USER'S FINGERTIPS OR HAND.

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 5:38 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

Thanks for the info.

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 4:45 PM
  • Dearsmiths

I checked and those numbers you cited on my Acura MDX fuses do not relate. The highest number, I believe was Fuse Number 24, Nothing more than that. See link here:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/MD0404/MD0404O00248B.pdf

So, if you can take a look at this and provide me any help, that would be great.

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 1st, 2009 AT 9:08 AM
  • ImpalaSS

Hello -

Thanks for the info...........

Well, looks like our manual is not correct...........nice huh.

Based off of what you sent (thanks by the way) many of the abbreviations are not even in the manual.

Let's try a different route. Pull the electrical connectors on the pumps, connect a volt meter and when you select the pump you should get 12V.

Next, the rear wiper - do the same thing. Check the plug for 12V.

This is my thought. Lets start with the rear and work on it. I have attached the wiring diagram I have.

My thought - as you see - it shows fuse 11....your chart shows that to be the ignition coil. I would check the connector at the motor for 12v. If you don't have it then I would check that fuse. You may need to check several since my info may not be correct.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Rear_Wiper_Wiring_1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Rear_Wiper_Wiring_2_1.jpg

Then I would check the connector at the pump also.........

Let me know what you find.

Thursday, April 2nd, 2009 AT 8:49 PM