Wipers wont turn off

RB65
  • 2008 ACURA MDX

Every option with the wipers work except they wont shut off?

Sunday, March 18th, 2012 AT 1:12 AM

KHLOW2008

It sounds like the wiper switch has gone bad and needs to be replaced here is a diagram (Below) let us know how it goes.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers.

Sunday, March 18th, 2012 AT 5:29 AM
DMITAL

I had the issue on my 2008 acura mdx it was out of warranty.
I bought a wiper switch from the acura dealer (it seems its dealer part - not carried by other vendors), opened up the steering column cover and replaced the switch. That fixed the problem thanks for the help, I love this site, you guys are great!

Much love !

+3
Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 3:35 PM
BIGDADDIO45

Hi - seems like I have the same problem. The wipers won't go off (stuck on intermitten) and stay in standard speed even when I put it on high. Do you have the instructions for replacing the switch and is it an easy fix? Thanks

+1
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 AT 8:24 AM
KHLOW2008

WIPER/WASHER SWITCH REPLACEMENT

1. Remove the dashboard lower cover.
2. Remove the steering column covers.
3. Disconnect the combination light switch 20P connector (A), and dashboard wire harness 8P connector (B) from the wiper/washer switch (C).
4. Remove the two screws, then slide out the wiper/washer switch.

NOTE: The wiper/washer switch is built into the combination switch control unit.

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 AT 11:57 AM
DINET

Hi! Thanks for help with the same problem! However, the devil is in the details! Found that there is a little pin at the top outside which must be released by prying up the front lip a bit to allow the unit to slip out. Also, it seemed to be necessary to slide the light control out to access the connector plug. Not necessary to remove the lower dashboard cover. Appreciate the help!

Saturday, December 28th, 2013 AT 11:35 AM
KHLOW2008

You're welcome.

Happy New Year.

Saturday, December 28th, 2013 AT 8:58 PM
MICHAEL SCHLINK
  • 2008 ACURA MDX

The wipers work, but when turned off stop while still on the windshield, they do not go down. The intermittent wiper speed seems very slow. I tried replacing the stalk/switch control on the steering column but that did not help

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 7:25 PM (Merged)

The most common cause of this is a defective "park" switch inside the wiper motor, but before replacing the motor, we would check that the twelve volt feed to the motor is there any time the ignition switch is on. If that is missing, suspect a blown fuse. If that fuse blows repeatedly, the "park" switch is likely damaged and is grounding to the motor housing.

MICHAEL SCHLINK
  • 2008 ACURA MDX

The wiper will not return to their rest position when turned off. Speed does not change form hi/lo or intermittent. I think it is the wiper switch needs replacing.
What could it be?

This can be a wiper module problem or if there is a replaceable circuit board that will be the cause. Check with an auto parts.

-1