A/C problems?

JOHN DIBELLA
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
I replaced the blend door on the drivers side. I am still getting cool air on that side. The passenger side is blowing A/C. What else could it be?
Friday, June 7th, 2019 AT 8:09 AM

SCGRANTURISMO

Have you checked your climate control display for any Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Direct Trouble Codes (DTC)(s) yet? I have included the directions for pulling them up in the diagrams down below. Please go through the guide and get back to us with what you are able to find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Friday, June 7th, 2019 AT 8:47 AM
CHINAFJW
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
The A/C doesn't work. I didn't hear running noise from condense fan. I checked fuses under hood is fine. What are problems possible?
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:43 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi chinafjw,

If there is insufficient gas, the compressor will also not work. It could be due to the control panel. Are the various vent positions functioning well? this guide will help us fix it

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

Please run down this guide and report back.
+3
NICHOLE761
  • 2005 HONDA ACCORD
. I have a dual AC controlled both on passenger and driver side. The passenger side vents work and blow cold while the Driver side blows hot. I had the clutch replaced because it blew due to the pressure built up in the compressor after taking it out of the shop it worked for twenty mintues then stopped working. Please help No one seems to know why its not working.
KHLOW2008
Hi Nichole761,

The compressor is not working? Are both the fans working when AC is turned on?

Blower, is it working?

If the air mix is not working properly, you need to find out if there is any DTCs.
CAROLINEBASSEM
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
My ac is split. The right side works perfectly but the left side takes avery long time to blow cold air may be 1 hour but after that it blows cold air. What is the problem?
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:45 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Hi carolinebassem,

Seems there is a problem with the air mix door operations and it could be a bad linkage or motor.

This guide can help us fix it

Try turning the heater to maximum and returning it to cool to see if it works.
RAMSET REYES
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
The directional buttons on my AC is not functioning. It otherwise functions properly, blowing hot or cold are. What could be causing this?
Hi.

If the air flow doesn't change directions, it sounds like an issue with what is called a mode door actuator. That is the component that changes the air flow direction.

Here are the directions for replacement of the actuator. However, before getting a new one, check the existing one and confirm it isn't responding when you change flow direction.

The attached pictures correlate with these directions.

____________________________________________

Mode Control Motor
Vehicle Heating and Air Conditioning Air Door Actuator / Motor Service and Repair Procedures Mode Control Motor
MODE CONTROL MOTOR
Mode Control Motor Replacement

4-door

1. Open the glove box. Remove the damper from the glove box, then let the glove box hang down.

Pic 1

2. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the mode control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the mode control motor from the heater unit.
3. Install the motor in the reverse order of removal. After installation, make sure the motor runs smoothly.

2-door

Pic 2

2. Disconnect the 10P connector (A) from the mode control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the mode control motor from the heater unit.

________________________

Let me know if this helps.

Take care,
ENAVARRO
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
Hello, I just bought this car. Everything works on the controls just the AC display does not come on therefore can't control it.
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:46 PM (Merged)
SCGRANTURISMO

While doing a little research on your vehicle I came across this Technical Service Bulletin(TSB) describing your vehicle's condition. While the extended warranty has run out, It does give you instructions for troubleshooting, repairing, and the part number of the the part that will need to be ordered in order to fix the problem. Please go through it and get back to us with what you are able to find out. I have included it in the diagrams down below.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
ENAVARRO
Thanks for answering my question before I purchase new a new PCB. Just want to let you know that everything works the audio button works I can see the display the CD player works I can see the display the XM radio works I can see the display but can't see the display to control the inside fans and AC.
SCGRANTURISMO

Okay, in the diagrams down below I have included a factory troubleshooting guide for the HVAC controls on your vehicle. Please go through them and get back to us with what you are able to find out. It will call for you to use a multimeter, so I have also included a link below for you to go to if you are unfamiliar with how to use one.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
RODTWILL
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
A/C clutch will not engage.
Welcome to 2CarPros.

This could be a result of different things. Is the system properly charged? If it is too low on Freon, it won't engage. Also, is this something that happened all at once?

Here are links that explain how to check for an AC not working. Additionally, I will add a link that shows how to add Freon.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon

Take a look through these and let me know if you have additional questions or need help.

RIVERARS
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
My 2004 Honda Accord LX has a radio that has not been working correctly (no speaker output) that is not dual climate control. I found a radio to replace it that turned out to be dual climate control and works perfectly minus one thing, the AC does not blow cold air and only blows warm air from the center. Is it possible and feasible to use the inexpensive used radio with dual climate controls? That is can I some how install a wiring harness so that the car is dual climate, and if so would I need to install sensors for this control?
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:47 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008
Unless you have a schematics for both systems and match them up correctly, otherwise it would not work. Doing such work requires a good understanding of wiring systems and how to go about matching the circuits.
CLSHNAEKEL
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
Dash controls still light up but fan won't blow heat or air. Any suggestions?
2CEXPT
Could be the blower motor, resistor, blower relay, fuse and AC/Heater control switch and also the AC/Heater control module.
DIPENDRAJAIN
  • 2004 HONDA ACCORD
My honda accord manual ac doesnt seem to cool after I cross 60MPH. Below that speeds it works brilliantly well. This problem happens almost all the time. Also one side the air seems cooler than the other. I did make sure both side temp was set the same. The ac starts cooling again if I switch off the engine for sometime and start again. Then again after I cross the 60mph speed the blower starts throwing normal air i.E not cool/chilled air.

Pl help

Sponsored links