A/C problems?

CHU4CK
  • 2015 HONDA ACCORD
The works intermittently. It will be cooling normally and then the compressor will cycle off and wont come back on for 20 or 30 minutes. I checked the pressure with compressor not running and it was 190 PSI on both high and low side. I also replaced the relay but this did not solve the problem. I thought maybe the thermistor was bad but if I change set point to call for heat the air gets hot. Checked to see if voltage to clutch and there was not any. Not sure what to check next.
Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 AT 7:31 AM

KEN

It sounds like the HVAC controller is going out and needs to cool before it will work again. To be sure here is a guide to check for power and signal to the fuses and relays with the air conditioner wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Here is the fuse panel and relay locations and how to change out the HVAC controller. Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Thursday, September 12th, 2019 AT 10:56 AM
CHESKA CORCINO SOLIMAN
  • 2009 HONDA ACCORD
Hi, my car blows cold for minutes then blows warm. I charged it with Freon and it's about up the 6th line.

Then while the engine is on the fan will turn off for good seconds then turn on for seconds then turn back off for seconds.

When i'm on idle you can hear the fan loud while the A/C is getting colder and warmer.

Temperature is always perfect though

what could it be? Thanks
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:20 PM (Merged)
Hi,

I need to know what you mean by up to the sixth line. Also, do you have access to an AC pressure gauge set? The fan coming on an off could simply be related to when the compressor is engaging and disengaging, so that may be normal.

If the Freon is too low or it is overcharged, it can cause this type if issue. Here is a link that shows how to add Freon. Take a look through it and let me know if it is what has been done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/air-conditioner-how-to-add-freon

Let me know.

2009HONDAACCORD
  • 2009 HONDA ACCORD
Hello.
I recently had the A/C repaired. It was not blowing any cold air. Dealer said there was a hole in the condenser probably caused by road damage and that it was not covered under the warranty (bought the car new in March 2010). Is it possible for a rock or debris to put a hole in the A/C condenser on a 2009 Honda Accord? I just want to make sure I'm not out $564.00 when it could have been warranty work.

Thanks, Keven
WRENCHTECH
It's certainly possible and does happen quite often although unless there was a visible ding in it, it might be hard to prove.

This guide will help us fix the issue

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-air-conditioner-not-working-or-is-weak

Please run down this guide and report back.
DREW11203
The same exact thing happened to me on my 2004 Honda Accord. I had about 30k on it and the AC went out. When I brought it into Honda they said the AC Condensor needed replacing. They said the cause was posibally a rock that damagned it and it wasn't covered under warranty. Unfortinately we both just had bad luck.
NPOLCHES82
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
My uncle had overcharged the system and now failed. I had vacuumed, replaced the low/high pressure sensor, relays and recharged. Compressor does not engage. I have no power going through the cable to the compressor. I ran a jump wire from battery to the cable to compressor and didn't seem to click. Not sure what else I could try. It ran awesome before until it was overcharged. I checked the DTC self check on the radio control panel and came up with K and O problems also.
ASEMASTER6371
Good morning,

Even with it overcharged, there are safety features built into the system from damaging the components.

How much voltage is at the wire to the compressor with it on?

I will attach a wiring diagram for you to follow for the system.

NPOLCHES82
I checked it out with a light tester. I dont have a voltage meter. I did try to jump it from direct battery and no click sound. Am I supposed to add a ground also to the compressor? All I did was use a power wire.
ASEMASTER6371
Is it a 2 wire connector or 1 wire?

If it is 1 wire, no ground needed.

NPOLCHES82
It is a 1 wire. I put the light tester to it. But nothing. I got a get a voltage meter. All fans come on when A/C button is pressed.
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 AT 1:21 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
Check the fuse I circled in the diagram for power on both sides with the key on.

DON-HARRIET
  • 2006 HONDA ACCORD
Air conditioning problem when on max cool driver side air is warm while passenger side is cold with dual temperature output turned off. There are no DTC codes and the sensor codes were:

1. 33.
2. 29.
3. 02 in shade 35 in sun.
4. 73.
5. 32.
6. D1 on low 99 on high temperature.
7. 01 on low 99 on high.
8. 00.
9. D0 on low 44 on high.

#9 (vent temperature air out) may be the problem - but why would it only affect the driver side?
All of the air-mix motor looked okay ( I actually removed the drivers side to verify the cable and lever were moving properly) and the heater valve seem to open and close okay.

I tried slowly turning the temp (about one degree every two seconds) to max, then slowly turning it to low three ways:
1. Both sides the same (dual off).
2. Driver side only.
3. Passenger side only.

Results:
1. When at max - equally hot air from both sides. At minute passenger side cold, driver side about the average temperature of the car.
2. Passenger side stayed cold - Driver side hot at max, avg car temperature at minimum.
3. Driver side stayed at avg car temperature - passenger side hot at max, and cold at minimum.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Better yet resolved it?
KHLOW2008
Hi don-harriet,

It sounds like one of the blend door actuators is not closing completely.

Here is a guide that will show you what you are in for when replacing them and testing the air door operation:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

After going through the data provided, I suspect the air mix door to be stuck in driver side or is leaking.

Here are the blend door locations: Mix, Mode and recirculation.

Check out the diagrams (below).

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers
+4
NPOLCHES82
All fuses, relays are good.
DON-HARRIET
I am a bit confused. Is the air mix door controlled by the air mix control motor? When I pulled the driver side air mix control motor and moved the lever by hand, I got the range of ambient air (full up) to hot air (down position). Is the "air mix door" different from this?
+2
NPOLCHES82
When I hit the A/C button. Cars rpm's dropped a little like it wants to engage. But nothing.
KHLOW2008
Yes, the motor controls the air mix door.
There are sponges to act as seals and this could be worn causing the cool air to be heated up when travelling to the air vent.
-1
ASEMASTER6371
So the compressor did not engage when you jumped it? If that is true then you have a failed compressor.

DON-HARRIET
I guess this means that the vent system itself needs to be taken apart to repair/replace these sponges. I am surprised that the service manual does not really cover this problem other than the vague picture on 21-86. How is this corrected?
-1

Sponsored links