2011 Ford Fusion air conditioner compressor comes on and goes of in seconds after battery was changed?

PIKESTOG01
  • 2011 FORD FUSION
My battery died so I charged it with a battery charger enough to crank the car. I then took it to an automotive shop to have them switch out the battery. When I picked it up the air conditioner compressor will turn on and then turn off after a few seconds. Please Help! It is full of Freon.
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 5:58 PM

Is the AC or the defroster on?
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 6:00 PM
PIKESTOG01
Yes. I am trying to use the A/C but the compressor is not staying engaged. It was working fine before the battery was changed.
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 6:35 PM
TRY UN-JEWGING THE NEGATIVE POST FOR A FEW MINUTES, THEN PUTTING IT BACK ON

SOMETIMES THE COMPUTER ON SOME VEHICLES SENSES THE LOW VOLTAGE AND GOES HAYWIRE, ONLY THE DISCONNECTION OF THE BATTERY WILL LET IT RESET AND RECOGNISE THE CORRECT VOLTAGE OF A NEW/ OR RECHARGED BATTERY

OTHER THAN THAT, IT HAS THE SYMPTOMS OF BEING LOW ON GAS. CHECK WITH A SET OF GAUGES. NOT BY JUST PUTTING MORE IN!

WHAT "J AND N" WAS GETTING AT. NOT ONLY DOES THE A/C CALL FOR THE CLUTCH TO ENGAGE. ANY DEFROST SETTING WILL MAKE IT COME ON AS WELL (THE EVAPORATOR REMOVES MOISTURE FROM THE AIR BEFORE IT IS BLASTED ONTO THE WINDSHIELD)

Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 6:45 PM
PIKESTOG01
The Automotive shop changed the battery. I took it back today and they checked the gas and it was full. They couldn't figure it out. They removed the battery cables for a few minutes and that did not correct the problem.
Monday, December 2nd, 2013 AT 6:48 PM
The only thing I can think of that would cause this to happen is a bad cycle switch. However, changing the battery shouldn't have damaged the old one.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013 AT 5:22 AM