WHY WON'T MY CHEVY START?

2010 Chevrolet Impala

4zonice

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:29 AM

Car was driving and I turned it off and then tried to turn it on and it wouldn't start. I tried boosting it and that did not work. Battery is good.

Jacobandnickolas

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:31 AM

If the battery is good and the starter is turning the engine, check to see if you have good spark to the plugs and the fuel pressure is within spec.

4zonice

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:39 AM

Starter is not turning I dont hear the click of the starter

4zonice

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:40 AM

Could it be the cylonoid, or fuse?

4zonice

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:41 AM

Or computer box?

Jacobandnickolas

March, 20, 2012 AT 3:56 AM

If you are sure the battery is good, check to make sure the connections are clean and tight. Make sure there is power to the starter. You may want to have it checked too.

stephiePotato

March, 20, 2012 AT 5:45 AM

I'm no car expert, but I have this make and model. It did the same to me. I'm reading on the internet that it this very common problem for this particular make and model. It flashes warnings about stabilitrak, and says engine power is reduced. Actually just shut itself off on the highway for me today. You may still be under warranty, I'm reading that it may be all kinds of faulty parts. Try giving your dealer a call.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang