Heater not working

RMINNIS55
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
My 2007 Camry will not blow hot air while idling. The thermostat is fine, the coolant level is where it should be, fuses are all good, blower is working. The car does put out heat while driving, but turns cold while at a stop light or stop sign. Also if it is sitting in the drive it will be cool air, but if I so much as press on the gas pedal it immediately turns hot for a moment then back to cool. Any thoughts?
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 2:01 AM

ASEMASTER6371

It sounds like you have a clogged heater core or an air pocket stuck in the core check out this guide that tells you how to fix the heater.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-heater-not-working

Also it could be the temperature blend door actuator is not working right here isa guide that will walk you though the repair with diagrams below to show you how the job is done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replace-blend-door-motor

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+1
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011 AT 2:04 AM
GOJAKE_08
Thanks you this post it was the air mix door on the drivers side was the problem on my car cost me $89.00 for the part.
Friday, November 16th, 2018 AT 8:09 PM
JOE1953
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
When turn the heater fan on little or no heat come through the vents what is the cause?
Friday, November 16th, 2018 AT 8:10 PM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH
Are you saying you have low air flow or low temperature?
JOE1953
Low temperature.
WRENCHTECH
With the engine at full operating temperature, locate the two heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If they are both hot, the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.
JOE1953
One of the heater hoses are hot to the touch and one is not I can hold one of the hoses with no problem but the other one I can't it's to hot I did replace the thermostat and after I replace the thermostat and fill the radiator with antifreeze when I crank the engine it will start and cut right back of why the engine want run do the thermostat have something to do with the engine want run what all could be the problem why it want run please help me?
-2
JOHNNY G.JR
Could be a clogged heater core, try reverse flushing through the heater hoses
+1
JOE1953
I recheck the heater hoses both are hot where are the electric moter/actuator and door located can you send me pictures?
+4
REMIDI
  • 2007 TOYOTA CAMRY
My heat does not work when you turn on the heat it blows cold air and the vent light blinks 5 times before the air starts to flow
Have it scanned to see if air mix motor is getting power or not as it can be the control unit, amplifier or motor
REMIDI
My friend at Toyota scanned it and it came up with a code starting with the number five he side it could be the computer or electrical problem. It was just working fine then it went out.
I'mon vacation untilwednesday so won' be able to answer what is wrong untl then and then i'll probablyneed the full code.
GCRJORDAN
  • 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have the heater controls which are all electronic to set the temperature at a constant level. Even when turned on 'HOT' I get nothing but normal air or cold air
This is automatic temp control and the only way to properly diagnose this is to have a local pro put his scanner on it to see If there are codes. Which means a sensor can be bad inside or outside car causing this. If you follow the chart on the lh side it may give codes to which we can get back with your on what to check. You can also try pulling the ecu-b fuse inside car to see if that resets actuators to get heat. And then check fuse and relay in pic under hood.
+3
JOE JEFFERS
  • 2002 TOYOTA CAMRY
I've replaced the thermostat and water pump car ran great for four days. Then the car went to red and had cold air blowing through the vents. Eventually things went back to normal. At a stop sign the car seemed to get hot again.
SATURNTECH9
Have you checked the heater core for a restriction?ALso does your cooling fan work when its running hot?Are both the upper and lower radiator hose getting too hot to touch?
+1
JOE JEFFERS
Both fans work. Not sure about the hoses. I just replaced the ECT sensor. Hopefully this will take care of the problem. Why would it run perfect for four days driving it 40 miles plus a day than all of a sudden it goes straight to the red line with cold air blowing through the heater? Sounded like a sensor to me? I'll see what happens. This car has 2 hundred thousand plus miles on it.
SATURNTECH9
The running hot the ect would make sense but not the cold heater. If its running hot the heater should be hot unless you loss flow thru the heater core or had a blend door issue.
JOE JEFFERS
I'm about to flush the system. Does the blend door something that needs to be flushed? Or is an electrical item?
Friday, November 16th, 2018 AT 8:11 PM (Merged)