1989 TOYOTA CAMRY MY HEATER DOESN'T WORK

• canine224
  • 1989 Toyota Camry

Heater problem
1989 Toyota Camry 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 226000 miles

My heater hasn't worked for a while and I was wondering what the name of the part I need to fix it was. The part that is malfunctioning is the valve that opens and close when swithing from cold to hot to let heat in from the engine. I don't know the name and the people at the advanced auto parts in my town aren't too bright it seems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 9:20 PM

• mhpautos

Hi there, if you are referring to the valve that is cable controlled and is mounted on the fire wall with a hose from the engine and one going into the heater, this is the heater tap or heater water control valve, I hope this helps.

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 9:34 PM
  • canine224

I believe that's the part I was looking for but it seems to be hard to find. No parts websites have it. I'll go to a store tomorrow. Thanks

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 9:38 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there,

I think that you will find that this is a genuine part only, you may be able to pick up a good second hand one at a wreckers yard cheap.

Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 9:44 PM