Turn signals not working

MARJO124
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
I don't have any idea on car wiring, labor here in canada for wiring is too expensive compared to other country. Can you locate where I can find the burnt wire of the signal problem of my car anyway so I can check it myself before I it will be check on friday as scheduled by manufacturer. Its been 3days that my car stocked already because of this problem. And dodge caliber 2007 git a lot if problem of mine. Thanks for the assistance.
Monday, June 3rd, 2013 AT 7:49 PM

Looking at the wiring diagrams there are several fuses that need to be checked first here is a guide to help you with that.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Here are the turn signal wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works and the fuse panel locations and identification. It could be the TIPM I have seen where they have problems.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 6:52 AM
MARJO124
This was the scenario, first I lost my right signal, it was blinking too fast in the driver warning inside, only yesterday the left also lost its signal light. I asked the mechanic in the canadian tire if it was the bulb burnt but its not, I also checked fuse but all ok, the mechanic also checked on it and advice me to go to the manufacturer to check for wiring. And its too expensive in mu part but what should I do if it is the problem either. Can you assist step by step again what the things needed to be check. Thanks
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 7:17 AM
This can be anything for ma bad t/s switch to a flasher gone bad have it scanned as it can be the tpim module which caliber are known to go out on.
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 7:22 AM
MARJO1424
Thanks for that, can you send me a picture where I can see the t/s switch because I cannot locate it please. Thank you for the assistance.
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 3:45 PM
If your TIPM module is bad you will need the dealer to program it to the car.
Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 AT 4:16 PM
MARJO124
I went to the manufacturer today to check the signal problem and its too expensive due to the replacement of the TIPM is the suggestion. Is there's any other way to solve the problem? Please advice. Thanks again.
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 7:03 AM
The car needs the TIPM to work right there is no way to bypass it, Sorry
Friday, June 7th, 2013 AT 7:07 AM
MARJO124
Thanks for the help, I cost me $850.00 bucks to have the TIPM replaced but at least the car is working again.
Sunday, June 9th, 2013 AT 2:00 AM
LISA1842
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
Could not locate flasher to change it. Also want to know how to check if there is a short somewhere. What is tipm and where is it located? Is there a fuse box other than the one under the hood?
Saturday, March 17th, 2018 AT 2:30 PM (Merged)
Check and test the totally integrated power module in left side of engine compartment
FIXITMR
Where did you get term tipm?
COLDERBYTHELAKE
I just experienced this with my 2007 Caliber RT and in a formum one of the suggestions was to disconnect the battery for about an hour then reconnect the battery. Solved my problem.
BABYCHAM123@ATT.NET
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
2007 Dodge Caliber 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 44000 miles

headlight had a crack in it where water would enter. I changed out the entire light but now the light wont work the signal light works but not the main light what could be the problem
Recheck to make sure the bulb is in. THe light assembly is plastic and there is nothing it could have done to stop the light from working. Also, check the bulb to make sure it is good.

Let me know what you find.