How to fix engine vibration

PRINGLE
  • 2006 NISSAN X-TRAIL

My x trail engine is vibrating only when I put it in drive or reverse or 1 an 2 etc and it vibrate more when I turn on the ac, but it don't vibrate when in park or neutral it idle grate.I clean the throttle body I also service it change all the mounts. When u look at the engine when in gear u can see the top part of engine shaking to me was wondering if it was a vacuum line of that sort but it don't lose power or anything of that sort it still drive great an accelerate great also, it is just the vibration when in drive or any gear accept n or p. Help me please the engine is 2500 cc auto

Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

ASEMASTER6371

Yes, a vacuum leak would do it. I would also re check the mounts and make sure nothing is rubbing or touching metal or the body to cause the vibration.

-1
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 5:58 PM
PRINGLE

The mounts are new and good, it is the engine itself that is shaking or thumbling I will say. Can u tell me which vacuum hose you think will cause this problem so I can go straight to that hose an check. Just name of the part that the hose go to. Thanks

+2
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM
KEN

Hey PRINGLE,

An engine vibration at idle can only be caused by a few things, here are a couple of guides that should help you find the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-an-engine-vacuum-gauge

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/engine-vibration-at-idle

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, December 14th, 2016 AT 4:06 PM
DANIEL52

Hi PRINGLE
was your problem solved?What was it? I have the same issue in my xtrail?

+1
Monday, October 23rd, 2017 AT 5:25 AM
KEN

We are sorry this person never got back to us, can you shoot a quick video of the engine running so I can see what's going on, upload it here to the site.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 AT 3:45 PM