Oil leak

HAASE
  • 2006 NISSAN X-TRAIL
I seem to have a oil leak. Oil appears on top of the engine as well as into the car. There are no misfires over heating or smoke.
Oil does not appear on the ground. There is no debris in the oil after an oil change.
We are burning through a ton.
Not sure whats causing the problem.
Monday, July 17th, 2017 AT 5:47 AM

Check around seal in picture as well as top as they may be old and leaking. Also, check oil pressure switch it may be on block. We have no picture of it or location. It could be leaking and blowing on top of engine.
Monday, July 17th, 2017 AT 7:41 AM
HAASE
I checked the seals and replaced the valave cover gaskget. It did not fix the problem. Could it be the pvc valve
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 AT 5:42 AM
No pcv valves only suck oil vapor when engine is running so if it leaked then it wold get sucked into engine. However if pcv valve isn't sucking like at idle etc. Then it would cause an oil leak because of to much pressure in engine. Pull it out while running and stick your finger on bottom of valve if you feel good suction then it works. If not it may be a bad valve/plugged line etc. Try that. As I cannot see where oil is leaking then it makes it hard for me. Also check near oil pressure switch as those leak as well and see if oil filter is tight.
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 AT 6:15 AM
HAASE
Thats our. Problem we cant really see a leak. We kniw that it collects on top of the engine, happens alot more when driving on the highway. Otherwise actually seeing a leak. We cant find one
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 AT 8:25 AM
Check for a blown head gasket it may be going into cylinder from that. There is a chemical for purchase at auto parts that you dump into coolant it may tell you can also pressure check coolant even though you are using oil. Especially with mileage you have on engine. If you want do a compression check as well
Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 AT 12:00 PM