RUNNING ROUGH

2006 Ford Taurus

dclarkie35

I have an 06 taurus with about 95,000 miles. The car will run rough in idle and will jerk/ sputter some time. Mostly at idle and around 45mph. At idle it sounds like it is not running on all cylinders and exhaust smells like fuel a little (running lean). It backfires some times. It also wont start right away, takes a few cranks and starts slow. I have replaced the plugs, wires, coil, cam sensor, idle pully, fuel pump, and belt, but still runs rough. Iv done some test iv read online and the engine will run the same when I unplug the cam sensor connector. It also will run the same if I unplug the #4 cyl coil wire. Please help

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Wrenchtech

If unplugging #4 wire doesn't effect anything, that cylinder isn't firing and you need to find out why. Most of the time it's a bad coil and spark plugs. You should have the computer scanned to reveal any stored trouble codes.