Headlights not working

CORI_POWELL
  • 2005 DODGE CARAVAN
I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan and my headlights will not come on. My high beams will work if I hold them on, but won't stay on otherwise. All of the other lights come on and seem to be working fine. Any suggestions?
Tuesday, December 7th, 2010 AT 3:00 AM

KEN

There is a fuse in the integrated control module located under the hood which needs to be checked. Also here is a headlight wiring diagram (below) to test for power going into and out of the module.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what happens so it will help others.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, August 18th, 2017 AT 9:33 PM
STUMPED321
  • 2005 DODGE CARAVAN
I have a 2005 dodge caravan sxt. For some time now we have had headlight issues. Sometimes they come on, sometimes the wont. Now it has progressed to where they wont come on at all. I litterally have to go down the road holding the highbeam switch on. Does this sound like a switch issue or is there a relay to check?
+1
Friday, August 18th, 2017 AT 9:34 PM (Merged)
There are fuses under the hood to check. If they are good, it sounds like a switch issue.
BUBJ316
  • 2005 DODGE CARAVAN
2005 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

headlights wont come on at times. I have to keep turning the switch on and off till it comes on.
It sounds like the switch is going bad. Have it checked.
BUCKHNTR
  • 2004 DODGE CARAVAN
2004 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

The other morning my headlights and tailights quit working. The turn signals front parking lights, and brake lights still work. If I leave the switch on the buzzer sounds when the door is open. It has daylight headlights that do not work either.

I have checked the fuse and relay and they both have power and are OK (fuse has continuity and I swapped a couple relays around). There is power in the fuse/relay box but no power to the lights. Is there a fusable link somewhere in the system, or do I need to dig the switch out of the dashboard and check/replace that?
CH112063
The headlamps are controlled from the switch, body, and front module. The parking lamps have a relay but are also fed power a switched from the front module but the front module needs fused power at fuse 26 a 20 amp. Also fuses2 and 3 must be good. If you have an electrical problem, especially on the newer systems, you need a scanner to diagnose it properly. A technician always checks all the fuses with the key on so he does not have to run for a schematic everytime a different year and problem comes in. So make sure you read the section on testing fuses, buy a test light at the store and recheck, if all the fuses are ok, you'll need a controlling scanner which makes short work of electrical problems. Good luck, ok
+1
LANCE PELAYO
  • 2002 DODGE CARAVAN
My gauges do not work all the time and some time work on there own all 3 of them and when that happen my head lights do not work and my indicators ether when the gauges do not work so can you please help me and can you please tell me what the problem and how I can get it fix and what I should be looking for please
It may bea cluster problem needing rebuild but check grounds to body from battery and engine to battery other than that have it scanned see if something comes up
DHALDER
  • 2002 DODGE CARAVAN
2002 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

with car running driving lights driver side headlight does not work, but passenger side does. When switched to dashboard/parking lamp, Right headlight stops working and driver side lights up. When switch advanced to headlight again diverside headlight is off and passenger side lights up. I have changed the headlight bulbs and same pattern occurrs.
+1
SCOYBOY
I think its a recall
SIMJACK
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
2000 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 84000 miles

My 2000 Caravvan has two problems. I don't know if they are related. (1) When I turn ignition off there is no warning signal when I leave my headlights on. (2) My wipers work ok but will not work on any intermittant setting. Any help appreciated.
Thank You;
simjack
Both of these things are controlled by the Body Computer. They found a solution by computerizing these things, but I don't know what the problem was.

The computer is tucked up against the firewall behind the fuse box. Removal is difficult for a professional. It is also possible these two things are not related. Does the chime work when you leave the key in the ignition switch? If it does not, suspect the computer. The wiper switches used to give a lot of trouble too, but it was more common for the computer to cause the wipers to be completely dead.

Are there any other things that don't work? If so, check all the fuses, especially under the dash. Sometimes they will fall out onto your ankle.

SPANKY69NE
  • 2001 DODGE CARAVAN
2001 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

head lamps are not working right. The day time running lights drivers side is the only one that comes on. When I turn lights on the passenger light comes on(only) and when I switch to brights only the drivers side comes on. I have put new bulbs in an problem stays the same.
-1
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Check the wiring at both headlamp assemblies, could have damaged or loose wiring. If wiring is good there than check at the headlamp switch, most likely it is one of the headlamp assemblies wiring though.
RACHEALCOLE
  • 2006 DODGE CARAVAN
2006 Dodge Caravan V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

my headlights quit working, but my fogs still work.
Friday, August 18th, 2017 AT 9:35 PM (Merged)
Have you checked to see if there is power to the headlight socket?