1994 Caravan headlamp installation

KARNSEM
  • 1994 DODGE CARAVAN
1994 dodge caravan base, 3.0 rightside headlamp loose, needs tightening but can't find any nut/screws around the headlamp anywhere. I can't find it from Alldata or mitchelle1 either. Any help on how to remove or tighten the headlamp? Thanks.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 6:31 PM

The screws are about 6" long and stick out on the top, next to the housings.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 6:46 PM
KARNSEM
Thanks for helping me, I only see 1 long screw stick out on the top, are there more than 1 for each headlamp?
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 9:19 PM
Just went out in a blinding rainstorm to look at my '95. If you follow the orange turn signal lens around to the back, there's a torx screw right above it about an inch from the rear end of that lens. It looks like there's another screw inside the openings of the grille near the lower corner. It looks like the lens slips behind the grille. That long screw should also hold the signal lens in place. With those removed, you should be able to see what's wrong with the head light housing. Could be a spring is rusted apart or one of the adjusters is broken.
Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011 AT 11:13 PM
KARNSEM
Thank so much for going the extra mile in an unfavorable weather to help. Upon closer examination, I found out that 2 of the 3 long screws holdind the headlamp are missing.(Previous bodywork garage neglect). The 2 scews under the headlamp are not in place. Only the top one is holding the headlamp.
No junkyard around here to search for them. I'll try the dealer or Ebay to see if they are available. I'm truly overwhelmed by your efforts, thanks again.
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 AT 12:01 AM
Rather than eBay, I have three salvage yards near me. Next time I'm there I'll pull an assembly out and collect the bolts. I can't say for sure what to expect to find on mine. Ma chased down two light poles, ... And caught them, so it's been repaired twice. I only see one of those long bolts on each side, but I thought there were two of them.

I can send them to you at cost plus shipping, otherwise look in any nearby town for a salvage yard. You should be able to find a bunch of the same model, 1991 -1995 Caravan or Voyager.
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 AT 3:18 AM
KARNSEM
Sorry for not replying yeaterday, I've already ordered the headlamp bolts, however there are parts I still need--such as the liftgate interior panel. Mine is cracked at some sections and some of its screws are missing due to previous hit and run.

If I can get one intact with the screws, that'll be great. My search for it so far is no go. Thanks again.
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 12:54 PM
What color is it, and where are you located?
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 3:05 PM
KARNSEM
Color is grey, my location is Mt. Vernon NY. Thanks.
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 4:27 PM
I did a quick search for your area and found over a hundred salvage yards so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a trim panel. There is a real nice chain of yards between Indianapolis down to southern Georgia called "Pull-A-Part" where you pay a dollar, throw your tool box into one of their wheel barrows, and you can spend all day there. Parts are very inexpensive, the yards are very clean and well-organized, and the people are very friendly. I paid less than $100.00 total for a rust-free sliding door and lift gate for my '88 Grand Caravan, with trim panels. We're just beginning to see those kinds of yards here in Wisconsin. I'll bet there's a few like that near you too.
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 4:49 PM
KARNSEM
I was looking for something you just described, my brother drives a truck in Georgia locaotion, sometimes his load brings himn up here. I'll ask him, if possible, I'll drive to such a location myself, to pull parts. I like driving myself. Before I had my liftgate fixed, I was looking for a complete liftgate with a panel in a very good condition for replacement, but couldn't find any.I would really search for such a place for parts.
Thanks so much.
Thursday, August 25th, 2011 AT 7:23 PM