2005 Chrysler Town and Country Over heating

ALVYNESS
  • 2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
I just replaced my radiator an took out my thermostat my car keeps over heating an I have to drive with out the cap so wont over heat there is no water in the oil im not sure if there is a clog or what any one got a clue
Saturday, April 5th, 2014 AT 6:02 PM

I have some questions. First, does the engine overheat at any speed or is it only in town driving? Next, did you remove the thermostat or replace it? Are the cooling fans turning on when it gets hot? Have you had the radiator cap tested to make sure it isn't weak? Finally, have you checked to make sure neither the upper nor lower radiator hose is squeezing shut when it is overheating?

One last thought. With the engine cold, if you remove the radiator cap and start the engine, does coolant shoot out?
Saturday, April 5th, 2014 AT 6:52 PM
ALVYNESS
Its not overheating right now cause I'm driving with out the car on the radiator but when I was driving with the cap on it would over heat with in few minis. I removed the thermostat cause everyone say in Florida I don't need one. The fans are turning on. I replaced the one I had its a brand new 16lb cap. No the hoses are actually expanding cause of the pressure. An I use water not coolant but wen I cold start it still bubbles the water.
-1
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014 AT 12:21 PM
First, you should have the thermostat in the vehicle. Not having one can actually allow the coolant to circulate too fast and never have a chance to cool down in the radiator. Thus, causing overheating. Second, water boils at 212 degrees F. The engine runs around that temp during hot days. Antifreeze has a much higher boiling point and prevents rust and corrosion in the engine and lubricates the water pump. Now my real concern. The "water" shouldn't be bubbling when you first start the engine (cold). There is a chance that a head gasket is leaking compression into the cooling system.
+1
Thursday, April 10th, 2014 AT 5:33 AM