No starter operation?

LINDAYZAGUIRRE
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My chrysler van will not start, everything works inside like radio, lights, etc
Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 4:34 PM

ALLPRO
When you turn the key to try and start the vehicle do you hear the starter turning? This guide can help us fix it

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/starter-not-working-repair

Please run down this guide and report back.

Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 4:38 PM
LINDAYZAGUIRRE
No you do not hear it, we put a new starter, ignition coil, battery
Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 5:06 PM
Your starter isn't cranking? Here is part of your starter circuit. Any testing at the starter relay make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and the e-brake is set.
Friday, September 14th, 2012 AT 5:19 PM
MMANTIL36
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Wont turn on, all interior lights turn on all dash board lights turn on, power doors power locks radio heater everything work's just wont turn on wont even crank
+1
Monday, August 31st, 2020 AT 1:12 PM (Merged)
DRCRANKNWRENCH
Have you had the battery load tested? The battery might have 12 Volts without a load, but under load it may dropp to an un-useable level.
Here is a diagnostic walk through for your situation. Just follow the link below;

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-engine-will-not-crank-over
-1
MMANTIL36
Ok thank's well I read the link and the anti-theft system light on dash blinks when I try to turn it on. But don't know were the anti-theft system is located at on my van
+1
DRCRANKNWRENCH
The anti-theft system is part of the, "body Control Module" which is located under the dash on driver's side. I attached the wiring diagrams and diagnosis sheet ofr it.
To reset and get the system to re-learn you need a scanning tool. You might, they are ambiguos about this as it seems to only apply to radio, need the radio code or anti-theft code that you should have gotten with car. A dealership can get it for you, but it might not be cheap.
You might try disconnecting the battery for a minute and see what that does.
The wiring diagrams can be laid out 1of2 on left and 2of2 on right while mathcin up wires to have a complete diagram. Use this to check for loose, corroded or bad wiring.
-1
MMANTIL36
Ok thank you will check on that and will get back to you.
DRCRANKNWRENCH
I will watch for your post.
Monday, August 31st, 2020 AT 1:13 PM (Merged)
DAN PLUNEDA
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
I've checked the battery, I've checked ground cables and cleaned them all. I've checked positive cables. When you turn the key you hear one click then nothing. When I was trying to jump the starter I touched bolt on top of it one of the longer connectors and something started whining and stopped. Then car fired up for ten seconds then shut off. Full battery power, everything works. Window's, radio, etc. Please help
ASEMASTER6371
Good morning,

You need to do some testing to see where the signal is being lost.

I attached a diagram of the system for you to view. You have a starter relay on the under hood fuse block. I circled the 2 terminals for you to jump to see if the starter works. If it does, then it is a control issue on the other side of the relay and we will need to do more checks.

If it does not then you need to test for power to terminal 30 with a test light.

NEEFE10
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
2003 Chrysler town and country started ran for a few then died and now I turn key does nothing checked all fuses battery starter all good when u turn key all you hear is click I'n relay I'n fuse box
I'm not sure where the clicking sound is coming from. The yellow wire with gray tracer at the starter should be hot with key in the crank position. In the diagram check fuse 9--40amp, use voltage tester, check for voltage. Any testing, make sure the tranny is in park or neutral and a functional e-brake is set.
DJDIGIACOMO@COMCAST.NET
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Our Mini Van is not starting. We turn the key and get nothing. The radio works as well as the lights and the windows. The car gives us nothing. We had it towed and then next morning when the repair shop checked, it started. We had the car two days later and it wouldn't start at a grocery store and it's still there. I've gone back three times to check on it but no luck.
2CEXPT
Your possibilites here could be the starter, starter relay, transmission range switch and ignition switch
+1
ORLANDO36
I had that trouble and it turned out to be the ECU(car computer).
JMPUGMIRE
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My battery is dead about every 4th day. I had it tested and it is fine. I was told to replace my alternator and did that and I am still having the same problem.

I have been told it could be my voltage regulator but I cannot find one for this vehicle.

I have also been told to test the "cut-out" and have it replaced but I do not know what that is.

Any suggestions.
2CEXPT
There's no voltage regulator the computer controls the field windings of the alternator.

https://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_alty1_11.jpg

NOLESFAN1
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Computer problem
2003 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2003 town and country and it has a no crank symptom, the starter relar is clicking and the van has power to all the accessories. It stalled out on the way into a parking lot and then after about a half hour it started but soon after cut out again and wouldn't crank. The battery is good, I swapped some of the relays and that didn't change anything. I read online about the crankshaft sensor, any suggestion?
If the starter is working, you need to check if it is getting spark and fuel to the engine. If there is no spark, the crank sensor would be my first guess. However, it should have set a check engine light.

Let me know if you have other questions.
-1

Sponsored links