No spark no start

MLONG0790
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Engine will crank fuel will pump but no spark changed crankshaft position sensor changed battery check ignition coil putting thorough 10 volts alternator puts out 12 volts relays and doses are all ok can't find problem it started and ran one day and hasn't started swapped around plug wires and ignition coils need help really need to get back to work help me
Sunday, August 31st, 2014 AT 2:18 PM

KEN

Two things come to mind, first is the security light flashing when you try to start it? This means the security system in engaged and it wont allow the engine ignition system to operate. This guide will help set it if its blinking.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

If not you may have an PCM1 fuse that is blow due to a shorted coil or injector. Please check the fuse for power and get back to me.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Here are the fuse locations and the engine wiring diagrams so you can see how the system works. If the fuse is blown unplug each coil and injector then plug them in one at time until the fuse blows.

This guide can helps as well

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please run this test and get back to us.

Cheers, Ken

+4
Thursday, June 8th, 2017 AT 12:28 PM
MCGEEDERR
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado and the dash cluster, interior lights, radio, and ignition will not work. I have checked several fuses and all are O.K. Is there a power source that handles these?

Thanks.
Thursday, June 8th, 2017 AT 12:28 PM (Merged)
This sounds like the BCM is out but to be sure lets check the fuses first.

If the BCM is out you will need to have it programs by a shop should run about $130.00

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
+3
MLONG0790
Yep you were right it was the BCM I took it to the dealer and it cost me $550.00 for everything. Thanks for your help I love this site.
+1
Monday, June 12th, 2017 AT 12:08 PM
NAKITA67062
I had this problem as well the dealer had to initialize the crankshaft sensor cost me $130.00
+1
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 AT 12:38 PM
BIG_AL71
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Im a litltle baffled by this one. I installed new distibutor w/ new cap an rotor truck won't start. So I check spark at plug and i'm not getting any spark. So I check spark at coil to dist: an i'm getting good spark. So I installed new crank sensor but still no spark at wires. Now on harmonic balancer pulley there are 2 marks for timing but no numbers that indicate degrees since timing is not adjustable. So my question is which mark do I use for top dead center and if dist is advanced a tooth would that cause no spark at plugs which don't make sense
Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018 AT 12:39 PM (Merged)
MHPAUTOS
Hi there,

If you have a good spark at the coil but not at the plugs, you best check that you have the correct cap and rotor and that the carbon bush in the cap that passes the voltage to the rotor is there,

mark (mhpautos)
+2
GEORGE1146
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
My engine will turn over but will not start. Mechanic replaced spark plugs and now has replaced the fuel injector assy and still won't start. There is 62 psi from gas tank to engine. Any idea why there is either no spark or no fuel to fire engine? Needless to say I have no confidence in the mechanic!
-1
BLACKOP555
Since your getting no spark and no fuel injector pulse it sounds like it is a crankshaft sensor or camshaft sensor problem. It will have to be relearened at a dealership.
-1
MLMDRYWALL
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I'changed out the sensors, crank sensor, cam sensor, ignition control module, coil 2 times in 4 months
JNOVACK
Sounds like you will have to have the PCM tested
I was just curious, did you do any testing before you replaced anything? Were there any codes?

Did you check for spark from the coil wire? The primary circuits to the coil, one is B+, the other ground pulse. Can you tell what is missing?
+1
SEANZILLA
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I replaced the starter in my truck and fixed that problem, and discovered that I had no spark in the ignition system. I checked all the fuses and replaced the ignition system relay under the hood and still nothing. Whats the next thing to check?
+1
Wednesday, February 27th, 2019 AT 11:55 AM (Merged)
No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
-2
PBUTCHER04
  • 2002 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
2002 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

I was driving the other day when my truck started sputtering and then died. It will crank but not start. I have installed a new coil and control module. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key. Ive checked all fuses and everything is ok. I see it sparking from the coil but the spark is orange. I would expect it to be blue, but I dont know. What could be the problem?
-1
MASTERTECHTIM
SprAY starter fluid into intake and see if it starts, if it does then the fuel pump is too weak
PBUTCHER04
Sprayed starter fluid. Still doesnt start. Does give more of an effort. But nothing
MASTERTECHTIM
Well I would first want to check distributor cap and rotor to make sure the spark is going to the right cylinders. If ok then remove spark plugs and checked for flooding and go from there
PBUTCHER04
Did all that. Everything seems fine
MASTERTECHTIM
If the spark plugs are not fouled then I would assume its from not getting fuel. You did spray starter fluid directly into intake throttle body and you say it did not start? 99 percent of the time when I have spark on this engine and no start its from a lack of fuel pressure and starter fluiod in the throttle body is the easiest way to determine this because it will give enough to get it to run. I would double check the starter fluid trick again. Have some one crank engine over then spray starter fluid directly into throttle body and tell me what happe ns
-1