2005 Chevrolet Impala Blended door actuator

SOLO412
  • 2005 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Changed blended door actuator, passenger side, due to chattering, replaced and still get chattering
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 4:06 PM

Are you sure the noise is coming from the actuator? That doesn't sound right. Is it vacuum or electrically actuated?
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 5:15 PM
SOLO412
It's electrical. 2005 Chevy Impala
-1
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 6:30 PM
If the new actuator is doing the same thing, I question the power supply. Have you checked to see what voltage is going to the actuator?
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 6:38 PM
SOLO412
Where do I check power supply. The other actuators work fine.
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 6:51 PM
SOLO412
I know I can check it at the disconnect bot I don't know where it gets its feed
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 6:53 PM
Check power supply where it connects to the actuator.
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 6:55 PM
SOLO412
If the 12V is low there, where does come from
Thursday, August 21st, 2014 AT 7:00 PM
The power comes from the HVAC control module. There should be a tan wire and a Lt green wire to the actuator. To open the door, power is supplied through one wire. To close the door, the HVAC control module reverses polarity to the actuator.
Friday, August 22nd, 2014 AT 7:46 PM
SOLO412
This problem is really confusing: When I unlock the door with the key, not using the fob, the actuator starts to chatter and stops after about 10 seconds.

It will also start to chatter again periodically. I've got all of the driver's door, radio, instrument cluster electrical connections all disconnected.

There is only one hot wire on my climate control connection, orange. I tried to check continuity on the pin connections on the climate control panel, slide switches for going from hot to cold, and got nothing. I presume the slides are some type of resistance circuits. I do have continuity from the actuator and the climate control harness connector wires.
Friday, August 22nd, 2014 AT 8:19 PM
Wow! I think you need a priest with this car. Lol Listen, I would think there is a ground problem or the body control module is going bad. Check grounds first.
Sunday, August 24th, 2014 AT 9:14 PM
SOLO412
The temperature door stays in the cooling mode.
What is the body control module.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 3:37 PM
Basically, a body control module is a generic term for an electronic control unit responsible for monitoring and controlling various electronic accessories in a vehicle's body.
Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 AT 5:39 PM
SOLO412
I am buying a new body control module and will have it flashed.

There are several electrical issues with my car:
1. Radio speakers in the rear work, but volume is low and speakers in the front don't work.(No corrosion on orange speaker wires by back seat).
2. Key fob won't program.
3. Passenger side temp. Actuator chatters as noted in our chats.
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 AT 12:08 AM
They can be expensive, so you should confirm your's is bad before just replacing it. The radio issue sounds like the problem is in the radio not the BCM. The other things could be related.
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 AT 5:34 PM
SOLO412
$105 for the new module and $100 to flash it.

The radio has power and everything works other than sound. The program mode come up like it's supposed to but it won't flash, Press FOB command is supposed to flash in order to program the FOB but, it doesn't.

Why would the back speakers work, faintly, and the front won't if the radio was bad?

Doesn't the BCM have something to do with the radio and HVAC control panel?
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 AT 5:58 PM
Supply power? Yes, but it doesn't make it function. Often times when this happens to a radio, either there is a wiring issue but more often, the amp in the radio is bad.
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 AT 6:12 PM
SOLO412
I've tried almost everything?

One issue that I've found is that I can shift out of Park without pressing on the brake but only if the ignition switch is in Acc or On position. I disconnected the 2 switches and can still shift out of park?

Should I remove the console and check the solenoid by the shifter or is there a solenoid there? Could this be the source of my problem?

Steve
Monday, September 1st, 2014 AT 3:45 PM
The shift lock solenoid receives power from the brake light switch. Are the brake lights staying on? If not, there either there is a short to power or something isn't together properly.
Monday, September 1st, 2014 AT 7:57 PM
SOLO412
I found my problem with the new temp selector actuator! I cut the wires from the bad actuator control panel and spliced in the connector to the drivers side actuator and it worked just fine. The problem was the actuator they sent me was defective also. Too many hours trying to find a ground issue. I gave Rockauto hell and they're sending me a new one.

Still have radio issues and shifter problem but I'll work them out. Thanks for your help.

Steve
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 AT 12:58 PM
SOLO412
Now I'm not sure if I found the problem or not!

What tells the actuator motor to shut off. I plug it in and it runs continuously in either direction depending on where I slide the temp resistance slide switch.
Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 AT 2:56 PM