2004 Dodge Intrepid Trasnsmission

SJKELLY
  • 2004 DODGE INTREPID
When I get off the highway or high speed and slow down or come to a stop my car shutters and then it won't shift gears until I turn it off and then turn it back on. I have had the tranmission serviced every 50k and this just started. I was told that I need a new tranmission but wondered if this was a sensor or vacum issue sincve the car works fine after I turn it off and right back on?
Steve
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 AT 6:27 PM

SATURNTECH9
Have you had the computer scanned for codes yet?Sounds like the transmission is going into limp mode and when you cycle the key it goes out of limp mode.
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 AT 6:49 PM
CADIEMAN
You can take to any parts stores and they will ck. The codes for free. Make sure the fluid is full. Check it with it running. This also could be cause by the converter staying engaged as you come to a stop. If there are no codes take it to two transmission shops and see what they say it needs. Then get back with me. Good luck steve I hope this helps. Thanks for using 2carpros. Funny we both have the same names hahaha
Saturday, August 24th, 2013 AT 7:31 PM
SJKELLY
Just found time to have the code scanned here is what came up:
P0841 Transmission Fluid Sensor switch A
P1776 Transmission solenoid switch valve lacked L/R Position
P0700 Transmission Control System

Any direction would be helpful. I'm trying to get this car in shape for my son to take back to college. If these are parts that can be replaced any idea what the cost and who should I contact, general auto repair or transmission place.
Steve
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 AT 8:25 AM
CADIEMAN
Take to a couple tranny shops for some feedback. They are most likely gonna sell you a rebuilt 1. Sounds like u have a problem with the valve body. If u whined up needing a rebuilt and converter for like say 1500 or so tell them so and so will do it for 1400. Good luck
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 AT 10:58 PM
SATURNTECH9
You could just have a bad solenoid does the code come right back as soon as you clear the codes?
Sunday, September 15th, 2013 AT 5:35 PM