WHY ISN'T MY STARTING?

2002 Saturn SL2

cv5978

April, 1, 2012 AT 1:13 AM

I've got a 2002 Saturn SL2 that wont start. When I turn the key the first time, nothing happens. Then when I try turning it again I hear a very light clicking noise. All the basic electronics--the overhead light, the radio, the dash lights--operate fine, so I was thinking that the problem was the starter. Could it still be the battery if these electronics are working? Or could it be something else entirely?

April, 1, 2012 AT 1:21 AM

I would have the battery checked anyway. From your description, I believe you have a failed starter motor.

saturntech9

April, 1, 2012 AT 7:25 AM

Just to add to this one I would have the battery tested like roy said. Also make sure the battery cables are clean and tight?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

cv5978

April, 4, 2012 AT 5:57 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Turns out it was just the battery. Replaced it and I'm up and running. Saved me a lot of dough.

saturntech9

April, 4, 2012 AT 6:01 PM

Glad you got it figured out your welcome.

Window Switch Replacement and Test