CLUTCH PROBLEM

• kka916
  • 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
  • manual

I have a 2002 mitsubishi lancer oz rally and I started having a problem with my car not going into gear about 2 weeks ago, I checked the brake fluid and it was still about half full so I filled it up. After that I really didn't have a problem until tonight. I had problems putting it into first gear and finally got it in, went around the corner at the red light and clutch wouldn't engage. Now when I push the clutch in a get a lot of grinding noises coming from it and it will not do anything now. Whats wrong?

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:24 AM

• vdub98

Brake fluid? The brakes don't have anything to do with the clutch. Dont you mean transmission fluid? Have you checked the level of it?

-1
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:31 AM
  • kka916

Its a hydrolic clutch that feeds off the brake fluid, please dont comment my question if you dont know what your talking about.

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:40 AM
  • fixitmr

Could be your throwout bearing/pressure plate are damaged/worn.

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:53 AM
  • jim08

I had the same prob back around nov change out the master then the slave and twice with new one and I found yesturday a blog saying it could be a bad brake hose front so today I got a new one and changed that out and its bout 6 months later and im still having issues I have to pump the clutch sometimes just to get into gear ur best bet which I wish I started with is just to get it over to a mitsu dealer and have there shop take a look at it then if they fix it and its still not working u can be ****ed at them lol

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 9:17 PM