Clutch problem

KKA916
  • 2002 MITSUBISHI LANCER

I have a 2002 mitsubishi lancer. I started having a problem with my car not going into gear about 2 weeks ago, I checked the brake fluid and it was still about half full so I filled it up. After that I really didn't have a problem until tonight. I had problems putting it into first gear and finally got it in, went around the corner at the red light and clutch wouldn't engage. Now when I push the clutch in a get a lot of grinding noises coming from it and it will not do anything now. Whats wrong?

Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:24 AM

FIXITMR

Could be your throwout bearing/pressure plate are damaged/worn.

+1
Thursday, March 3rd, 2011 AT 4:53 AM
JIM08

I had the same prob back around november change out the master then the slave and twice with new one and I found yesterday a blog saying it could be a bad brake hose front so today I got a new one and changed that out and it's about 6 months later and Im still having issues I have to pump the clutch sometimes just to get into gear your best bet which I wish I started with is just to get it over to a dealer and have their shop take a look at it then if they fix it and it's still not working lol

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 AT 9:17 PM
2CARPROS KEN

Hey KKA916,

It sounds like it is the clutch disc which can fall apart and make the clutch not disengaged which will cause the grinding noise.

Here is a guide that can further explain.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/clutch-doesnt-work-sometimes-or-not-at-all

Please let us know happens so it will help others.

Best, Ken

Wednesday, December 7th, 2016 AT 5:48 PM