2002 Chevrolet Avalanche wont start

ROCKY77
  • 2002 CHEVROLET AVALANCHE
Wont crank in park. Will crank in neutral but wont start. Also I can move the gear shift without touching the brake. Also will not unlock locks when turning the key off. T his was the first thing I noticed after driving and stopping. Then it would not crank. It did start once in neutral then I turned it off and it cranked but wouldn't start. I tried a new ignition switch. Could this be the paddock or maybe the lock cylinder?
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 5:44 AM

Check fuses underhjood first then try resetting anti theft system(see pic). If stillnot starting scan for codes and check fuel pressure.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 5:50 AM
ROCKY77
I tried the reset. My security indicator does not even come on during this process to turn itself back off. I checked all ignition fuses and even fuses. I am stranded and have no way to check fuel pressure. Truck will start with starter fluid. It seems my fuel has been blocked out. Is it possible the contact in the lock cylinder is bad and wont let the paddock reset.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 6:18 AM
No it' a fuel problem, probably your pump went out, try smacking bottom of tank with rubber hammer or flat of hand it may start but no guarantee of how lon git will run.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 6:33 AM
ROCKY77
What could be causing the other electrical issues I mentioned?
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 6:37 AM
Yo may not be getting poer to shift interlock system or it broke. Depending on column or floor shift is where lock is located. If trans was recent ly replaced the switch on side of trans may not be adjusted correctly as well. Check fuses and relay s for door locks as they may be dirty and causing connection problems otherwise it wil need scanning to see what's wrong by a pro.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 6:42 AM
ROCKY77
Not to be a pain but what would cause it no to crank over in park but crank in neutral.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 7:27 AM
ROCKY77
Did you get my last question?
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 8:15 AM
I already answered abou the not cranking in other reply. If trans was recent ly replaced the switch on side of trans may not be adjusted correctly as well
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 9:48 AM
ROCKY77
Nothing has been changed. Like I said this all happened at the same time very quickly after a long trip.
Friday, July 26th, 2013 AT 5:00 PM
Then it may be abad neutral switch along with the other stuff i'v suggested.
Saturday, July 27th, 2013 AT 4:56 AM