LOSS OF POWER

• Yiannis12
  • 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche
  • automatic

I have loss of power when I accelerate? Any suggestions to what it could be. I thinking the fuel system. I have no passing gear at this point
I have a 03 avalanche with 145,000 miles on it.
5.3L, V-8.

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 2:55 PM

• Docfixit

Check engine light on? If yes have PCM scaned for codes then post

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 3:37 PM
  • Yiannis12

Yes the check engine light is on, I checked the code and it refered me to the knock sensors. I am not sure if that has anything to do with the power loss, in all honesty it is beyond me. I am checking everything I can in reference. I just took it to the dealer yesterday and the only issue I had was the A/C tensioner and the serpentine belt have to be replaced. I mentioned the power loss and they told me it might be my fuel system. Thank you for your help by the way. Any advise at this point would really help me out. Thanks again.

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 4:42 PM
  • Docfixit

What was code in P0xxx format? Took to dealer with check engine light on and they said nothing? Did nothing? Yes knock sensor fault will cause poor performance

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 5:01 PM
  • Yiannis12

Yeah, the said everything is fine aside for what I mentioned earlier. This is primarily the reason behind my research. They didn't do anything besides the visual inspection. The code if I remember correctly was
P0325 Knock Sensor #1 Circuit Knock sensor (#1) signal above or below minimum acceptable threshold voltage at particular engine speeds.
P0330 Knock Sensor #2 Circuit Knock sensor (#2) signal above or below minimum acceptable threshold voltage at particular engine speeds. Any ideas?

Thursday, January 6th, 2011 AT 5:20 PM