DRIVER'S DOOR WINDOW NOT WORKING PROPE

2001 Pontiac Montana

tboyd57

Other Category problem
2001 Pontiac Montana 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

The power window on the driver's door is not closing properly. It appears to be " off track" or something. It gets part way up and then the back end tilts forward. This prompts 2 questions, 1. What would be causing that problem and 2. What is the best way to remove the door panel so I can take a look at it?

Crysta84

Normally, I wouldn't even attempt to answer anything about a car! But, I just got my 2003 Montana back from the dealer a week ago. This was exactly one of the problems they diagnosed for me. They told me that the run channel was binding, and need replaced. It's binding on the front part of the window, and causing the back to tilt forward. Although the mechanic that looked at it, said it just needed lubricated.
Good luck!

wally83

February, 3, 2008 AT 7:16 PM

Hi I have a 2001 and the window does the same thing all I did was spry it with armerall and it fixed it just reaply every couple months

1ATony

February, 10, 2011 AT 8:20 PM

If anyone else runs into this type of an issue.Here's a great video that will show you exactly how to take the door panel off of your 97-05 Pontiac Montana.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJRc1zTJ5Cw

murrayandrew1

Thanks to A1Tony, this video really helps me with my door speaker repair!

cadieman

January, 12, 2012 AT 12:00 AM

U will need to replace the front channel and the 2 window clips.1 in the front and 1 in the back.

Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911