WINDSHIELD WIPERS ARE RUNNING OFF THE WINDSHIELD BORDERS ON BOTH SIDES

1998 Pontiac Montana

ricky946

October, 12, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

First only the passenger wiper ran off the edge. Now after I'd tried to realign them per these specs: "LH- 147 mm above the glass blackout. RH- 123 mm below the glass blackout." Now both of them are becoming stuck off the edge of the window. Please help, it's raining.

hmac300

October, 12, 2011 AT 7:32 PM

If you have aligned them properly and torgued them if they have bolts, then it has to be eitehr a worn out transmission for the wipers or the nut has come loose at the motor.

hmac300

October, 12, 2011 AT 7:33 PM

One other thing. Make sure that the wiper arms are on teh correct side as some are longer than others. In otherwords switch the wiper arms to oppisite sides.

ricky946

October, 16, 2011 AT 11:29 AM

Torgue wiper arms nuts to specs. Still having the same problem. Why is it impossible to reinstall these wipers correctly once they're removed. What's the secert. As everything else checks out: motor, motor arm or transmission plate and wiper arm studs.

hmac300

October, 16, 2011 AT 1:06 PM

I have no idea why they are doing this. If this is a factory windshield you may see a couple of small dots on the windshield itself they will be towards the bottom. If you can still see them then put the blades n that dot. That is the correct position for them. Your circuit board for the wiper motor may be worn or not working as well, that controls the park and intermittent on the wiper motor. That's the only thing I can think of. Park is the position when the wieprs are turned off.

M_H_RITZEL

October, 16, 2011 AT 4:02 PM

With the wipers off see if you can move them back and forth. If you cna't then turn the switch on so they go to the park position laying on the bottom of the windshield If they park anywhere other than the bottom reset them so they do. Then try them if they still overrun then the problem is in the reverse switch inside the motor, on circuit board.

Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Explorer
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX