PT Cruiser will not spin over with key.

HOWTODRIVESAFE
  • 2001 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
  • 161 MILES
I have a PT Cruiser it's an 2001. I have replaced battery battery cable and the starter. The car will not spin over with the key. Will not crank everything inside is working as should such as lights radio etc. I am a general mechanic I am looking for a Chrysler specialist.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:08 PM

SATURNTECH9
Is the security light on solid or flashing?If not we need to start tracing the power flow of the starter circuit.
+3
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:21 PM
SATURNTECH9
If the security light isnt on then you should have power to the yellow wire coming out of the ignition switch with the key in the start position. Also constant power to the red wire at the ignition switch.
-2
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:27 PM
HOWTODRIVESAFE
Ok, let me see if I can get this straight. There's two red lights in the dash one is in center where tech is and there's another one with picture of little car. BEFORE I replaced starter one in the tach was solid. It now comes on for a second then goes out. The one with little car blinks for about 10 seconds goes out. I hope this makes sense.
-1
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:29 PM
SATURNTECH9
As long as the lights go out and stay out were good. Go ahaed and check those wires.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 5:46 PM
HOWTODRIVESAFE
We checked the power wires your talking about I have no power to these wires.
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 7:28 PM
SATURNTECH9
The red wire to the ignition goes back to the number 1 thirty amp fuse in the under hood fuse box like it shows in the wire diagram I posted. So see if there is power to both sides of that fuse.
+1
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 7:48 PM
HOWTODRIVESAFE
I was wrong red is hot yellow is not. I think inition switch. I have one ordered. Wasn't but 16.00. What u think?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 8:06 PM
SATURNTECH9
If you have the red wire hot and the yellow one coming right out of the ignition switch isnt hot with the key in the start position then bad ignition switch.
+3
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 AT 8:35 PM