POWER WINDOWS SUDDENLY QUIT WORKING

2000 Ford Explorer

bthomas24

March, 3, 2012 AT 3:08 PM

One day the windows are working fine and the next day they won't go up or down. I checked manual for fuse location, checked fuses and they look okay but one was a 15amp where it said it should have been a 30amp but has still always worked. I am confused and as a woman am sorry to say that I don't have enough knowledge on my own. Thank you for any help.
Virginia

March, 3, 2012 AT 3:20 PM

Check fuse no.26 10 amp in central junction box if okay other possibilites -check the battery saver relay, accy delay relay, relay module and generic electronic module

bthomas24

March, 3, 2012 AT 4:28 PM

I checked the no.26 10amp fuse in the manuel and it said that it covers the Battery Saver Relay, Interior Lamp Relay (the lamp is working?), The electronic shift relay and the electronic shift control module which covers all except the accy delay relay which I could not find info on. If the light is working does that mean that that fuse is working? And where do I find accy delay relay to check? I appreciate your help so much, would like to fix this before driving the fours hours to pick up daughter from school next weekend. Someone else I talked to suggested wiring but could not find what they were talking about at the store to see about fuses if I needed one as that is not in the owner's guide manuel. Again, thank you for helping. Virginia

March, 3, 2012 AT 4:37 PM

Accy delay relay -Its located behind center of dash in relay module

scwind

March, 7, 2012 AT 1:04 AM

I saw your symtoms on a friends car a few weeks ago. I believe he changed the window switches in the driver door and he hasn't had any problems since. I"m not sure about the front door, but on the rear door, you don't even have to take the door panel off. All you need to do is take the screws out of the arm rest.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche