FRONT PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW WON'T GO UP; ONLY DOWN

2002 Ford Explorer

sholderman

April, 6, 2012 AT 3:59 PM

I have replaced the regulator and got the same result. I then replaced the master switch (I read somewhere if it's bad, neither switch will work and got the same result. The window only goes down (can't go down any further so you hear the motor come on briefly). I switched the front passenger switch with the rear passenger side switch since I knew it worked and got the same result, just to rule out that the front passenger switch is faulty. What's left? Wiring? I wouldn't think it's a fuse since the other 3 work fine. Please help. It's especially frustrating.

Wrenchtech

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

Throwing parts at it isn't the way to find the problem. It needs to be troubleshooted using a wiring diagram. If you have the tools and know how to read one, I will supply it to you.

sholderman

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

If I don't have the tools I'll buy them. Please send. Thanks!

Wrenchtech

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:13 PM

You need more than tools to do this but I'll post one.

I need the build date of the vehicle. It's on a sticker on the door/door pillar.

sholderman

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:17 PM

Okay. I'll have to look this evening when I'm home. All I know right now is that it's a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. I'll reply again on Monday.

Wrenchtech

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:22 PM

I need to know if it was built before 3/02 or after. The diagrams change.

sholderman

April, 6, 2012 AT 4:39 PM

Here's my thought: the ground wire in the driver's door harness is broke. You bend a wire hanger enough times and it breaks. I think it's the tan/blue wire. Can you confirm? I'm not sure, but I don't believe that would've changed after March.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement