Car wouldn't start, loud and fast clicking sound was happening. But now it starts again

MARVELIS
  • 1999 TOYOTA SOLARA
My car wouldn't start the other night and was just making a loud and fast clicking sound when turning the key. I decided to wait til morning to get the issue fixed and then it started the next morning? I figured it was just a bad battery but now it started again so I'm not sure. Also a month back the engine randomly shut off while I was driving but it immediately started back up again when I turned the key. Thanks
Monday, September 17th, 2012 AT 8:13 PM

SATURNTECH9
Have the battery tested make sure the battery cables are clean and tight lets start there.
Monday, September 17th, 2012 AT 8:17 PM
MARVELIS
I had pep boys check the battery and the alternator. It was the battery that was bad and I got it replaced. Car starts up so much better now. Just surprised the battery had enough power with no jump to start up again after being dead.
Monday, September 17th, 2012 AT 9:53 PM
SATURNTECH9
Glad to hear it was an easy fix and your back on the road.
Monday, September 17th, 2012 AT 10:00 PM