HELP PLEASE!!!

• Matthew0811
  • 1999 DODGE RAM

I have a 99 dodge ram 2500 v10 4wd I have changed idle air sensor. Complete tune up coils wires and plugs I chaged drive o2 sensor cause light was on but truck still runs rough like it has a misfire on a cyclinder. Heres what it does when at idle ir kinda pops in the exhaust like it has a miss or loading up on fuel you can rev motor a couple of times and it clears up when u rev motor u can smell a hint of fuel. If I sit at a red light and go to take off it starts to sputter with very low power if u ride it out and listen u can hear it popping in the exhaust like a backfire but when it clears you get massive power quick and then its fine till next red light. If you drive truck on interstate your fine no problems hits passing gear fine. Im stumped can anyone help please

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

• Matthew0811

Please help im on the verge of going nuts not being able to figure it out

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 1:56 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Start with a compression test. Once that is done, make sure you have the wires on correctly. It is easy to cross them.

What was the codes? When did this start?

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 2:32 AM
  • Matthew0811

I have done compression. All cyclindrs r over 100 wires aren't crossed I've double checked myself thing so

-1
Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 4:31 AM
  • Matthew0811

Code was lean o2 bank 1 sensor 1 And been doing this for about a month just started out of nowhere

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 4:33 AM
  • Matthew0811

02 sensor was extremely black when replaced truck started smoking black when o2 sensor light came on so replaced 02 and stopped smoking now just acts like a misfire. Only would smoke under heAvy throttle or towing

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 4:35 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Do you have acess to a scan tool? You need to monitor the long term trims on the o2 sensors to see what is happening

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 12:29 PM
  • Matthew0811

No I do not have access to a scan tool

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 12:33 PM
  • Matthew0811

Any way to do so without a scan tool

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 AT 4:04 PM
  • Matthew0811

What about a injector problem not allowing injector or injectors to fully close and loading up on fuel? Just a thought.

Thursday, August 16th, 2012 AT 2:34 AM
  • Lawnguy0321

Did you figure out the problem I have a 98 that does the exact same thing please let me know thx

Saturday, September 29th, 2012 AT 2:45 AM