1999 Chevrolet Silverado Won't stay running

LOGICZERO21
  • 1999 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
1999 Silverado 5.3 V8
The other day on my way to work, my truck died. I stopped, and restarted it, and it kept going for two more blocks before dying at an intersection. It will crank strongly, and sometimes it'll start but it won't stay running. It sounds like it's either starving for air or starving for gas. The fuel filter was old so I replaced it, I've Triple Checked the fuses under the hood and inside the cab. The Fuel pressure regulator seems to be okay, and the fuel pump IS engaging. We've checked the plugs, fuses, Fuel pump, regulator, and filter. When it DOES turn over, it'll run fine for a few seconds, untill it starts to sputter and die. Sometimes right when it's about to die, it'll rev back up to normal idle. Completely Dumbfounded. I did remove the new filter today to see if the gas is the filter is discolored, and it's as normal as can be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 10:29 AM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and test the fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit-
+2
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 12:34 PM
LOGICZERO21
Fuel pressure is fine. Fuel pump tested okay. Truck threw only one code P0108, MAP. Replaced MAP Sensor, Truck started at first crank (For a change), and died again.
+1
Friday, December 31st, 2010 AT 7:31 AM
Clean out the idle air control valve and also the EGR valve and the MAF sensor with an electronc cleaner CRC and see what happens
+1
Saturday, January 1st, 2011 AT 8:05 PM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content