CHEVY TRUCK STALLING ONLY WHEN USING SUMMER

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

Ben124

February, 6, 2010 AT 12:15 AM

1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98,568 miles

I have a 1999 chevy silverado with a 5.3 and during the spring/summer months, when local gas stations switch to summer fuel randomly I will go to start the truck up in the morning before work, and it will studder and stall, but once left running until it gets to operating temperature if you turn it off it will fire back up without a problem any ideas?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

February, 7, 2010 AT 6:12 PM

Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Has the check engine light ever come on?

Ben124

February, 7, 2010 AT 6:16 PM

No I haven't checked the pressure, and no the check engine light has never come on just confuses me why this only happens in the spring/summer

Jacobandnickolas

February, 7, 2010 AT 6:38 PM

That is odd. THe reason I asked about the engine light is because I question the temp sensor. It tells the computer the ambient temp and coolant temp. From that, the computer decides how rich or lean to make the fuel mixture. For example, if it is 50 degrees outside and the computer thinks it is -40, the fuel mixture will be too rich for the engine to run properly.

Ben124

February, 7, 2010 AT 6:43 PM

Yea I've had the truck to 3 different GM dealers with no results just seem to be " throwing parts" at it in attempt to hopefully by a small chance of luck fix it, but at this point whatever gets the job done. I appreciate your time if you get anymore ideas I'm willing to try it