1999 CHEVY SILVERADO TRUCK STALLING ONLY WHEN USING SUMMER

• Ben124
  • 1999 Chevrolet Silverado

1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 98,568 miles

I have a 1999 chevy silverado with a 5.3 and during the spring/summer months, when local gas stations switch to summer fuel randomly I will go to start the truck up in the morning before work, and it will studder and stall, but once left running until it gets to operating temperature if you turn it off it will fire back up without a problem any ideas?

Saturday, February 6th, 2010 AT 12:15 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

Have you checked fuel pump pressure? Has the check engine light ever come on?

Sunday, February 7th, 2010 AT 6:12 PM
  • Ben124

No I haven't checked the pressure, and no the check engine light has never come on just confuses me why this only happens in the spring/summer

Sunday, February 7th, 2010 AT 6:16 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

That is odd. THe reason I asked about the engine light is because I question the temp sensor. It tells the computer the ambient temp and coolant temp. From that, the computer decides how rich or lean to make the fuel mixture. For example, if it is 50 degrees outside and the computer thinks it is -40, the fuel mixture will be too rich for the engine to run properly.

Sunday, February 7th, 2010 AT 6:38 PM
  • Ben124

Yea I've had the truck to 3 different GM dealers with no results just seem to be " throwing parts" at it in attempt to hopefully by a small chance of luck fix it, but at this point whatever gets the job done. I appreciate your time if you get anymore ideas I'm willing to try it

Sunday, February 7th, 2010 AT 6:43 PM