1999 Chevrolet Malibu Over heating

JBD3
  • 1999 CHEVROLET MALIBU
My ac/heater blower quit working two days ago and now the car overheated after sitting in park for 15 minutes. The fan controls still have lights no control panel. I replaced water pump, hoses, radiator, and thermostat about two years ago. Where do I check? The blower resister, the blower motor, or something else?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 7:42 AM

SATURNTECH9
We have two seperate issues the overheating and inop blower fan. We need to start with why it overheated. When it overheated how did you know it did?Did it boil over the radiator cap or did it say it was overhearing on the temp gauge?Also was the radiator fan on when it overheated?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 7:51 AM
JBD3
My daughter was driving it. She was parked but had the car running in park. After about 10 minutes or so it started spewing antifreeze out of antifreeze reserve tank on passenger side of engine. She said the temp gauge never went up past 210 before she turned it off. I have driven it several times in the last couple days but never had it idling for more than a traffic light. I read online that ac blower and cooling fans are tied into each other. Is that true?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:04 AM
SATURNTECH9
If your talking about the ac condenser fan then yes its tied into the radiator fan. But not the inside blower fan that blows the air inside the car. Is the fan that is inop the one that blows air inside the car?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:11 AM
SATURNTECH9
As far as the coolant blowing all over the ground an the temp it read on the gauge I would replace the radiator cap. Sounds like it could just be a week radiator cap not holding the proper pressure. Also do you have a multi meter to do some testing?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:14 AM
JBD3
Yes the blower for the inside does not work at all. Then two days later it overheats while idling. They have to be linked right? And she did not here the cooling fan come on before it overheated.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:16 AM
JBD3
No I don't have a tester. So what about ac blower not working?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:25 AM
SATURNTECH9
It only got up to 210 on the gauge that's not hot enough to boil over a good radiator cap. Also the inside blower has nothing to do with the cooling system for the engine. You will need a multi meter to do some testing to trouble shoot the inop blower fan. Do you have manual ac controls or auto climate control?
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:30 AM
JBD3
I have the manual controls. And the indicator lights work just no blower
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 8:41 AM
SATURNTECH9
Alright we still need a multi meter or we would have to start guessing and I don't like to guess and guessing gets expensive.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 9:02 AM
JBD3
Ok thanks.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 9:09 AM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome.
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013 AT 11:25 AM