ENGINE WILL TURN OVER BUT NOT FIRE

1998 Chevrolet S-10

ghostgrayeffect

January, 7, 2012 AT 9:59 AM

1998 s10 cranks but wont start the fuel pump makes clicking noise then another noise when turned off sat for two weeks ran fine b4. I moved truck bed around to lower it also took out radaitor and core support headlights grill now cranks but wont start sounds like its not pumping gas or no spark cant smell any gas put in two gallions checked what fuses I could under hood also disconnected air cleaner asembly took out battery and box underneth maybe hooked up smothing wrong when put back together

DrCranknWrench

The clicking noise you are hearing is probably the fuel pump relay which turns on the pump to prime the system when the key is in the "ON" or "RUN" position. You must have disconnected something in between the relay and the pump.
I am giving you the wiring diagrams so you can trace the circuit. They are for a 2.2L engine, so if you have the other engine let me know and I will give you those. The diagrams are labeled, 1of3, 2of3, etc. Note that 1of3 has realy on the end of file name. In the upper right part of this diagram you will see the pump relay and you can align all 3 diagrams from left to right to match up wires to follow circuit.
I am going to have to sned you 3 messages as our function to attach multiple files is not working. Each message will have one diagram attached.

DrCranknWrench

2of3

DrCranknWrench

3of3

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang