MY AC OR HEAT IS NOT WORKING IF I TURN THE HEAT ...

1998 Buick Park Avenue

terethomas

March, 3, 2013 AT 2:55 PM

My ac or heat is not working if I turn the heat on nothing blows and if I turn on ac same thing so I looked at fuses for about 5 mins swapping them out and I noticed my 2 engine fans in the front are not moving at all I put car in reverse and in drive with the hood up and still no movement from the fans it gets a little hotter than what it supposed to but hasnt overheated yet. What could this be please anybody help.

No Heat

hmac300

March, 3, 2013 AT 4:33 PM

Check fuses for hvac to see if it is blown. One fan shold come on when the a/c is turned on. Pic shows location of fuses to check. This could be a module problem as well an dneed to be scanned to find problem.

terethomas

March, 4, 2013 AT 2:55 AM

Checked fuses all of them are good I disconnected the fans and gave them direct voltage and the fans did nothing but the motor in the fan just made a humming noise so I know the fans are bad but that only fixes 1 problem I still don't know why I'm not getting any heat or ac/ no blowing at all

hmac300

March, 4, 2013 AT 2:19 PM

There are actuators that move heat to ha/c in heater they are either vacuum or electric they can be on pass or drivers side under dash. Seee if what I have pointedto that these are getting power sometimes if you pull the hvac fuse with key on these will reset an dwork.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement