MY AC OR HEAT IS NOT WORKING IF I TURN THE HEAT ...

• terethomas
  • 1998 Buick Park Avenue

My ac or heat is not working if I turn the heat on nothing blows and if I turn on ac same thing so I looked at fuses for about 5 mins swapping them out and I noticed my 2 engine fans in the front are not moving at all I put car in reverse and in drive with the hood up and still no movement from the fans it gets a little hotter than what it supposed to but hasnt overheated yet. What could this be please anybody help.

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 AT 2:55 PM

• hmac300

Check fuses for hvac to see if it is blown. One fan shold come on when the a/c is turned on. Pic shows location of fuses to check. This could be a module problem as well an dneed to be scanned to find problem.

Sunday, March 3rd, 2013 AT 4:33 PM
  • terethomas

Checked fuses all of them are good I disconnected the fans and gave them direct voltage and the fans did nothing but the motor in the fan just made a humming noise so I know the fans are bad but that only fixes 1 problem I still don't know why I'm not getting any heat or ac/ no blowing at all

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 2:55 AM
  • hmac300

There are actuators that move heat to ha/c in heater they are either vacuum or electric they can be on pass or drivers side under dash. Seee if what I have pointedto that these are getting power sometimes if you pull the hvac fuse with key on these will reset an dwork.

Monday, March 4th, 2013 AT 2:19 PM