1996 Chevrolet Silverado Stalls

GC6345
  • 1996 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
When I first start up my truck in the morning I have to hit the gas a couple of times just to get it moving and when I do it jumps like I mashed the gas. The only codes I'm getting are mass air flow senser and random cylinder miss fire.I've changed the air flow senser and plugs and wires and even the distributor cap plus the ignition coil.I'm at a loss for words as to what's going on. Fuel pump is less than a year old and so is my fuel filter so.
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 4:33 PM

Have you checked for power to the MAF? Have you confirmed that fuel pump pressure is within the manufacturer's specs even though it is somewhat new?
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 5:16 PM
GC6345
No I haven't.. How do I check both of them
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 5:18 PM
This is the closest I could find for your vehicle. It will be very similar.

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/testing-a-fuel-pump-and-pressure-regulator-video

As far as the MAF, I need to know what code you found to give the proper directions. I have attached a schematic of the MAF wiring system. Take a look at check grounds and check for power as shown.
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 7:07 PM
GC6345
I got 12 volts to my maf and idk about my fuel pressure lol
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 7:14 PM
Do you have the trouble code that was found?
Friday, August 1st, 2014 AT 7:20 PM
GC6345
The trouble codes I always get are mass air flow sensor low voltage, multiple/random cylinder misfire, and O 2 sensor bank one sensor 2 low voltage..I've changed everything and they still show.
Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 AT 9:48 AM
Hi:

You know, I feel the MAF and O2 sensor issues are related. Do you have access to a scanner that can read real time data?

If you have the actual code numbers, for example, P0137, that would really be helpful. I have pages of tests to go through and can't do it without the codes. Since you haven't replaced the MAF, it may be the issue. First, check the following:

Air intake - objects blocking throttle body inlet screen
Intake Manifold leaks
Vacuum leaks at throttle body
Air leaks at EGR valve flange and pipe
Crankcase ventilation valve faulty, missing, or incorrectly installed.
Also, check the brake booster vacuum supply for leaks.

IF they all check okay, then this is where I need to know what codes you found. For example, does it have a P0121? That would indicate throttle position angle is not near 0 and certain things need checked. If it is near 0, then I have to go a different direction. Without the actual codes, we could spend weeks going through things.

Let me know.
Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 AT 10:53 AM
GC6345
Sorry it took so long to get the codes but I don't drive my truck as much as I used to since I got a new vehicle. But here are the codes I have showing up right now and are the usual ones Po101 and po140. There is another one I usually get but it hasn't shown up yet so but I'll let u know when it does
Sunday, August 17th, 2014 AT 2:38 PM
I will assume that you checked the items I listed. Also, that you have a real time scanner that you can look at how things are reacting.

The first thing I need you to check is for throttle position angle. It should be near 0. Let me know what you find.
Sunday, August 17th, 2014 AT 7:12 PM