Remote control

JUDY
  • 1995 TOYOTA CAMRY
I have 3 remote controls, none of which work. They are the same, and were purchased from the dealer to replace the originals. The FCC ID # IS JDRAPSBT, one button, for l995 Toyota Camry. The car was ordered from Japan with the remote control, but the dealers may have installed it.
The remotes are clean, air cleaned, new [tested]batteries installed. The light comes on when the button is depressed on all of them but the car doors do not open so it is not responding. It was working when I first got them. Could it be that the programing in he car was effected when a new battery was purchased? Can you give me instructions to program it to work? I do not want to do it at the dealers as they charge a great deal per remote to program it. Please help.
thanking you.
Judy
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 6:09 AM

DOCFIXIT
Car was not produced with remote door locks for US market so likely is an after market. You will need to find manufacture see if there is a transevier that looks added on either under dash or engine compartment. Any markings on remotes?
Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 2:34 PM
JUDY
Marking on the remote are: The FCC ID # IS JDRAPSBT, model ADSBT, Rostra, US made
I am trying to see if the remotes can be re programed to open the doors and disable the security. As the lights do go on when pressed, but nothing happens.
The remote is integrated with the 'Theft Deterent System with remote operation'. The dash light for this Secutrity System is constatly on so it must be in the Valet mode. But the door lock and unlock should still work. My queston is about fixing it not buying a new remote controll.
Judy
Friday, December 31st, 2010 AT 2:16 AM
HALCYONSF8
Hi Judy,

I have a 96 Camry with the same Dealer Installed security system. I have the programming instructions that I obtained from the dealer. What I need is a remote. The ring on the corner of mine broke off. They charge an arm and a leg for both remotes and instructions. Would you be willing to trade a remote for the instructions? If so e-mail me @ HalcyonsF8@aol. Com.
Kathy
Friday, March 18th, 2011 AT 1:13 AM
JUDY
Dear Kath,

Yes, I think that would be a good solution for both of us. Will email you and send a photo of the remote.
Judy
Saturday, March 19th, 2011 AT 5:38 AM