Step by step guide on how to reprogram an automotive key/door remote for GM Ford
Difficulty Scale: 1 of 10
Step 1 - GM PASS LOCK RELEARN
- Ignition switch to "run" position, try to start and let key return to "run"
- Approx ten minutes security light will go off
- Turn key "off" and wait 5 seconds
- Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 relearns.
- Turn key off, then start it
Step 2 - FORD KEY PADS
- Enter permanent factory code
- Press the 1/2 button within 5 seconds to enter programming mode
- Within 5 seconds enter new code, doors will lock, unlock to verify code,
this erases previous codes. Remotes will also need to be programmed.
Step 3 - FORD KEY PADS/REMOTES
- Insert key, turn ignition off-to-on eight times in succession, ending with
key in on position doors will lock, unlock to verify in programming mode
- Press any button on new remote, doors will lock, unlock to verify
- Do the previous step with the second remote, doors will lock unlock to verify.
- Turn ignition switch off. Doors will again lock, unlock to verify.
Step 4 - BLAZER T-CASE SELF DIAGNOSTIC
- Turn ignition switch "ON" for at least 6 seconds.
- Locate DLC (diagnostic connector) near right side of steering column.
- Install jumper wire from pin #13 (orange wire, labels are small but they
are on connector, use flashlight) to ground.
- Turn the key on, engine off. Observe shift select buttons. If they all blink
once at the same time there are no trouble codes.
- Otherwise the light will blink (codes are 1-4 flashes) with a 3 second delay
between codes if there are more than 1.
- Run the codes if any are present repair as needed.
Step 5 - HONDA SLIDING DOOR RE-HOME
- Erase the sliding door trouble codes by removing the # 13 (7.5) fuse from
the passenger's under-dash fuse box for 10 seconds.
- Then put the fuse back in.
- Turn off the main door switch; make sure that the ignition switch is off.
- Manually open the sliding door and make sure it's fully open.
- Turn the ignition switch on, then turn on the door switch.
- Push and hold the CLOSE side of the dashboard door switch for that door
until the door is fully closed.
- Try the door operation with the dashboard door switch, the remote and the
A remote can perform many functions such as lock and unlock car doors, start
the engine, roll up windows and much more. When a key fob is lost or becomes out
of sync with the car receiver module, reprogramming is necessary.
- Key fob remote battery goes dead and needs replacement
- Moister damage
Article published 2017-06-27