RAN OUT OF GAS TRIED TO START IT, IT STILL WOULDN'T START.

1994 Pontiac Grand Am

AL93

August, 9, 2012 AT 2:24 PM

My 1994 Pontiac Grand Am ran out of gas. I walked to a nearby gas station and put a gallon of gas into my gas can and then came back and poured the gallon of gas into my car. When I got back in the car and tried to start it, it still wouldn't start. Does my car need more than a gallon to start again since it ran completely out of gas or is there something else going on with it?

August, 9, 2012 AT 2:36 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs-fuel pump could have failed-start here and let us know-

amandanapier

August, 9, 2012 AT 2:43 PM

Turn the key on and off 2-3 times to to engage the fuel pump then try to start it, may need to repeat a few times. If this doesn't work then add more gas then try this again. This is what I had to do when my 2000 Pontiac Grand Am ran out of gas and it worked for me.

August, 9, 2012 AT 3:02 PM

Again check the fuel pressure, I need the reading and also test the fuel pump relay then report back-

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang