3.2 V6 WONT START, HAS SPARK, FUEL, AND TIMING IS GOOD. NO INJECTOR PULSE

1994 Isuzu Rodeo

lotsaboost

October, 27, 2011 AT 4:42 AM

I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo with the 3.2L V6. It has been sitting for quite some time and now I cant get it running. I have replaced the Fuel Pump and Filter, new plugs, fresh gas. I have good

spark and ample fuel pressure. The car fires with starter fluid. The injectors do not appear to be pulsing. The plugs come out dry after attempts to start. I have checked grounds and any connections I can think of.

The pump and filter were replaced due to lower pressure at the fuel rail.
No codes from the port. Recieved all clear dtc 12. The car does not have a working alternator on it but all start attempts have been on a fully charged battery with a jump from a running vehicle connected.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 27, 2011 AT 5:22 AM

Check to confirm that the injectors are not getting power. IF they are not, you need to trace the wiring back to the computer checking for wiring issues, corrosion. If it has set for a long time, chances are there is a corrosion problem.

lotsaboost

October, 27, 2011 AT 3:35 PM

The injectors are getting 12 volts with the key on.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 27, 2011 AT 6:19 PM

It sounds like either a short to power or a problem in the PCM.

lotsaboost

October, 28, 2011 AT 2:41 AM

Where is the ground for the injectors I should check? Is it directly at the ecm which is in the drivers side kick panel I would assume or is there somethin in the engine bay I should be looking at? Also could a lack of power due to not having an alternator be the issue? Could a bad fpr cause the injectors not to pulse in any way?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 28, 2011 AT 3:57 AM

If you are not getting power to the injectors using a test light, a bad ground isn't the issue because you are creating your own with the test light. You either have a corrosion problem or the ECM is the problem.

lotsaboost

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:06 AM

Im am getting power to the injectors, I tested the connector with a voltmeter with the key on. 12 volts. Where should I look for a corrosion problem?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 28, 2011 AT 4:33 AM

Okay, lets think this through. You need to check the injector resistance for me. You should have 11.8 to 12.6 ohms of resistance. Additionally, power to the injecters should not be constant. It should strobe on and off as the injectors. That is why I feel you either have a short applying power all the time or the ECM is bad. Take a look at the wiring schematic I attached. The power to the injectors comes from the ECM. I can't find the exact voltage they should be getting, but 12 volts sounds very high.

lotsaboost

October, 28, 2011 AT 5:39 AM

All the wires and grounds look okay. I traced as far as I could besides going into the firewall. Just to clarify, With multiport injectors doesn't the ecm strobe the Ground for the injectors? Constantly feeding them power. That had always been my understanding.

lotsaboost

October, 28, 2011 AT 5:40 AM

I will check the resistance when I can but its not easy to do on this vehicle because they are under the intake manifold.

lotsaboost

October, 28, 2011 AT 5:45 AM

I will be on the search for a decently priced ecm. Also, It was my understanding that in a multiport injector vehicle, the ecm strobes the Ground for cycles not the power. They are fed constant power. Is this correct?

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right