I HAVE A CLUTCH ISSUE

1993 Saturn SL1

jasona22

October, 16, 2011 AT 7:02 PM

When the car is off it goes into gear fine when I start the car it wont go into gear, plenty of clutch fluid and clutch never slipped prior to this happening ( manuel tranny)

October, 16, 2011 AT 7:47 PM

You have eeither a pressure plate or disc failure. It may need a new clutch.

Make sure the fluid is full and the slave cylinder is moving the arm.

jasona22

October, 17, 2011 AT 11:37 AM

Where is the slave cylinder located I know when I have someone shift the level are moving on the tranny, just when its on I feel like the pedal is dead and there is nothing and cant push it into gear

October, 17, 2011 AT 1:36 PM

If the pedal feels different, then the slave or clutch master may be the issue. I would have that checked first before replacing the clutch.

jasona22

October, 17, 2011 AT 1:39 PM

Ok I will cheaper to change that first rather than a clutch like I said the clutch never slipped and the pedal deff feels like nothing is going on

October, 17, 2011 AT 1:55 PM

Good luck

jasona22

October, 17, 2011 AT 2:05 PM

Is the fluid suppose to move when pressing the clutch in a and out while the car is running cause it just stays at the level is at when not running, and the guy before u said make sure the slave cylinder is moving the arm. Where is that located and what arm

October, 17, 2011 AT 2:09 PM

That was me that said that but anyway, the slave on the side of the transaxle assembly. I tis a small round cylinder and has a boot on the end and you will see an arm, small, that is coming out of it. It is short and may be covered by a rubber boot. If you dont see it, go to a shop and have them check it for you.

jasona22

October, 17, 2011 AT 2:14 PM

This might help I put the car in first started it and u drove without letting go of the clutch. Sry im a neon guy not a saturn hahaha yea i'll see if I can see the little arm

jasona22

October, 17, 2011 AT 2:19 PM

I looked on the end of the slave and felt it nothing sticking out i'll just change it and see where that takes me

October, 17, 2011 AT 2:37 PM

Make sure you bleed it or you will still have no pedal.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions