I RENTED A BOOK AT THE LIBRARY FOR MY 1992 ...

1992 Cadillac Deville

sean03

December, 21, 2012 AT 8:31 PM

Hi I rented a book at the library for my 1992 Cadillac Deville. I went through the book and looked at the cruise control switch. All the switch tests worked. I went through doing E.7.0 through E.7.7 all the tests worked. The cruise control still will not work the orange light does not come on. Any suggestions.

cadieman

January, 3, 2013 AT 12:36 AM

Check for vacuum to the small hose on the servo. Pull the large hose off. If you can blow through it.U will need adjust the switch on the brake petal right above the brake switch. Start here

sean03

Yeah I cant blow through it.

cadieman

January, 5, 2013 AT 12:23 AM

U pushed 0ff and warmer and their are no codes coming out. It goes to 70 right?Check the fuse controls the power to the lever. Check for power to the fuse and to the lever. U will need to get the orange light on first.U will need a test light or volt meter.

sean03

January, 5, 2013 AT 12:30 AM

Yeah their was no codes. The fuses are good the volts going to the fuse is good and their is power going to the lever.

cadieman

January, 6, 2013 AT 5:32 AM

U will need to get the orange light on first. If u have power to the wiring connector under the cap by the tilt lever. Is this where u are testing for voltage?Sorry about long response time. Im very sick.

sean03

Yeah I have voltage by the tilt lever. What do I need to check next. That's ok take care and I hope you feel better.

cadieman

January, 9, 2013 AT 12:56 AM

Next You need that yellow light on. You're getting power to the lever so the yellow light should to turn on. Go to the salvage yard. Look for cars around your year. Slide the cover off. Then unplugged that handle and remove it from the steering column. Look for two or three that you can get. Remove them and put them in your pocket. Then find some stupid thing to buy and go pay for that. The yellow light has to be on when you turn the switch on. Leave it in the off position and pull it straight out of the wiper switch. We can do no more until you get that yellow light on.

sean03

January, 9, 2013 AT 3:43 AM

Ok I will get a few at the junkyard and see what happens. Thanks.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement