TROUBLE RUNNING IN HIGH TEMP.

1991 Jeep Cherokee

p.dion5108

June, 21, 2012 AT 9:32 PM

My '91 Cherokee has issues in warmer temperatures. I replaced the fuel pump and filter last year and it ran like a champ in the heat. Now I am having the same issues. 70-85 degree days no issues really. 85 and up not so good. The Jeep starts and shortly dies afterward or later while running an errand. My mechanic has tested it many times. No flags. We swapped the crankshaft censor. No good. Hes tried several other solutions but to no avail. The biggest problem is getting it to act up when we need it too. Im looking for solutions or advice regarding this issue.

June, 21, 2012 AT 9:47 PM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and also test the coil/s-start here and let me know

p.dion5108

June, 22, 2012 AT 1:33 AM

We have checked the fuel pressure several times. The standard auto checks all clear. When it runs its great. However it can sit in the heat all day, fire it up, cranks over and dies. Cooler days, no issues. I did move from CO to WI last winter if that may have any causes. Coil? Which ones?

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe