I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE ANTI THEFT ...

1991 Jeep Cherokee

Anonymous

November, 27, 2012 AT 2:10 AM

I have been having trouble with the anti theft system. I have replaced the fuel pump and everything inbetween to the starter/solenoid, replaced battery terminals. Did the key in the door trick in all the doors and it start up. Then I shut it off and restarted it about 10 more times. Drove it around and shut it off at the store, came out and it started up. Parked it for the night and the next morning would only turn over and wouldn't start. Checked everything out and found no spark from coil. I have checked all the fuses and ASD and no luck. Please help.

November, 27, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

Crank sensor is a common failure. Check it

kimcclen

November, 27, 2012 AT 3:08 PM

Ive been having a problem with a theft system. The passlock sensor could be failing. With your vehicle, the resistor could be built into the ignition switch. You could be spending about 75-150 for that part, the passlock sensor. Look at partsgeek. Com. If you have a key with a resistor(chip), then at an alarm shop, they can get the resistor numbers from that key and install the new resistors, bypassing the sensor. Also, check out ikeyless. Com. They can replace a transponder key. You will have to make sure it can be programmed, and have spare keys. Watch youtube video by nerdboytv. He can show you specifics on how to reprogram the key once you have it cut at an ace hardware. Thats if it has the chip (resistor). The very inexpensive way. Hope this helps

tomdil00@yahoo.com

November, 27, 2012 AT 5:58 PM

Put in a new crank position sensor, and key doesn't have a chip.

kimcclen

November, 27, 2012 AT 6:43 PM

Checked the passlock sensor? Or ignition switch-wires-resistor? My sunfire was doing the same thing

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe