CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1990 Ford Mustang

ashman_0

July, 24, 2012 AT 9:39 PM

1990 Ford Mustang GT car had a bad fuel pump putting out 9 psi replaced pump and now the car won't start

July, 24, 2012 AT 9:51 PM

Check if you're getting an injection pulses from the injectors and also if you're getting spark? Also refer to this link for more information: http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

ashman_0

July, 25, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

I checked the entire fuel system all appears good. Disconnected the return at the tank cycled and got a return. Coil, plugs, wires, and according to your post the icm and the pip sensor and the eec relay. Exhaust pressure is strong enough I can't hold my hands over the tailpipes when cranking over. Ignition is firing to every plug.

July, 25, 2012 AT 8:39 PM

Will it start with starting fluid?

ashman_0

July, 25, 2012 AT 8:49 PM

Nope it will not start with starting fluid either.

July, 25, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

What about spark do you have it-if so is it a snapping blue spark?

ashman_0

July, 25, 2012 AT 9:35 PM

Plugs were wiped dry, now are wet and I am getting plenty of snapping blue spark.

ashman_0

July, 25, 2012 AT 10:28 PM

I went through every step, how can you tell if the ecu has gone? I am good on the noid light test and and it says the same permanent hot to the fuel injectors is the same circuit that powers the eec relay and ecu correct? I just don't understand it the car would at least start with the old weak fuel pump and filter. That is all thats been changed. Would a new pump make the fuel pressure regulater go bad? I pulled the vacuum hose off of it there was no fuel in that. I would think there would be probs with the return if it were bad. Blue spark will jump more then 3/8 it has an accel high output coil only. I left the ignition as normal checked timing its good, ran a timing light on every plug wire. I'm at my ends, I don't know what it is. It doesn't hit a lick at all just cranks and cranks.

ashman_0

July, 25, 2012 AT 10:29 PM

July, 26, 2012 AT 9:16 PM

Check compression and the valve timing if its within specs

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe