CHEVY WIRING/FUEL PUMP

1988 Chevrolet Blazer

Court Jester

August, 15, 2011 AT 4:21 AM

Replaced wiring harness in 1988 S10 Blazer and have 2 wires that I dont know where they hook up, also fuel pump is not engaging

fixitmr

August, 15, 2011 AT 5:31 AM

Where on truck are these mystery wires located?

Court Jester

August, 15, 2011 AT 4:20 PM

They're in the engine bay on the passengers side, however ive found the port for the latter one, it hooked in to the transmission

fixitmr

August, 15, 2011 AT 4:34 PM

So the black plug has a home but the 1 with green/yellow wires is still homeless? Is the fuel pump working yet? Do you have old harness? Is there the same wire/plug on old harness?

Court Jester

August, 16, 2011 AT 3:15 PM

Its green and black. And no, pump is not working yet. But I looked on the fender where the relays are. And the new harness only has 2 where the old has 3 so im guessing that might be the issue now

fixitmr

August, 16, 2011 AT 6:18 PM

When you say new do you mean new or just replacement used harness?

Court Jester

August, 17, 2011 AT 4:07 AM

Replacement used from a 88 S10 2.8L

fixitmr

August, 17, 2011 AT 4:30 AM

So not exact same model vehicle?

Court Jester

August, 17, 2011 AT 4:48 AM

They should match up perfect. The blazer was based off the s10. All I bought was the engine and transmission.I'm guessing when I bought it it didnt have 100% of stuff included. Anywho how would I install the relay and wiring?

fixitmr

August, 17, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

Could you explain exactly what the project consists of altogether? Are you installing a motor and trans into a vehicle and the wiring that is in it already is not matching up? Thanks

Court Jester

August, 17, 2011 AT 5:15 PM

Okay it burn on me a few months ago, I bought an engine to use the harness off it, replaced harness, using the engine that was in the blazer originally. The relays on the drivers side fender had 3 relays on it on the old harness, the new only has 2.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe