No power to my blower fan motor

TREDUBB
  • 1979 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
My blower started working on low speeds then died out I put new resistor and switch even changed the blower still nothing what should I do to get my fan working? No power checked fuses under dash even swapped relay. With another one nothing so I put all parts back that I had changed except resistor is still new
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 2:02 AM

ASEMASTER6371
What about the motor itself? Did you check that for operation?

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 2:17 AM
TREDUBB
I put a new blower motor and still nothing
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 2:25 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Is the blower motor properly grounded?

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 2:31 AM
TREDUBB
The usual spot where it grounded is not holding so I tryed the body of the car rite now I'm working on it iput a power wire to the blower. To the battery and one to the ground wore from the relay to the neg side got nothing
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 3:00 AM
ASEMASTER6371
Got nothing? This means the blower motor has a problem itself. You may have a defective new motor.

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 3:02 AM
TREDUBB
Ok so regaurdless of the old or new one I should get sumthg out of it if I plug it up or jump it I just did the original one that was in the car I don't get no indications either way to plus yesterday when I chg the resistor it still was doin the same thing b4 it died I turned off the controls and I swore I still heard it running with the car on I felt it b4 I shut the car off and I felt vibration like the motor was moving with the air being off
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 3:12 AM
TREDUBB
After I jumped the wires t my blwere motor to the battery I had no results but I left the control on high and turned the ignition to off I heard a buzzing snd coming from where the resistor is what does that mean? And it went away when turn the controls off and unhooked the jumped wires
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 4:31 AM