2004 Ford Freestar

2004 Ford Freestar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

I got 2 codes on this ford p1235 and p2008. It starts but doesn't stay running. It feels like it's not getting gas. What could the problem be?

P1235 - Fuel Pump Control Out Of Range

P2008 - Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Circuit Open (Bank 1). The IMRC'S (intake manifold runner control) are what make an intake both a long runner and short runner intake. For upper rpm power or wide open throttle the butterflies open, for around town they stay closed. They have a sensor(s) and either vacuum motors or electric motors. The IMRC'S are located between the upper intake plenum and lower intake manifold. In your case the butterflies may be stuck open causing a lean condition and a miss or the engine to die. If I recall, this will also cause the fuel pump control to go a little crazy. I think you have a vacuum leak to the IRMC (bank one) or a bad electrical connection (corrosion) causing your problem.