SEAT HEATER

2001 Ford Expedition

Interior problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 55,000 miles

Hello and thank you for this service. My seat heater in the driver's seat is not fully working. It does work, but the heater now takes a long time to wam the seat up and it is luke warm at best. This just started happening last week. It also seems to turn off (light on the button goes off) and so we have to hit the button again to turn it back on - still doesn't seem to matter on the heat output.

My question is - any ideas on what might be happening? How hard is it to replace the heater and is that something that a person with a little mechanical knowledge can perform?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike
FoundOntheRoadDead

The heat pad is probably bad. I have had to replace several of them. They require the seat to be removes and then the seat back removed. The uphostery on the lower seat then needs to be removed in order to change the heater. I will let you be the judge of your own abilities.

Flexy5